The Definitive Thread.

56 minutes ago, runningblind said:

It's interesting you think they actually considered letting him go and actually reached out to people to guage interest.  I'm pretty convinced the entire leadership group is just sitting there with their fingers crossed.

Any AD worth his salt has done his due diligence. If TA hasn't sent 3rd-party feelers out to gauge interest of prospective coaches, we're in trouble.

• Plus1 2

If we were 7-3 right now with 2 blowout losses people still wouldn’t be happy so what difference does it make. That’s probably how the admin thinks and why people assume Frost will be retained. We dug our own grave firing not one but two head coaches with winning percentages. We hired 3 head coaches who have been bad hires. One of them is not like the others though. Too bad some of our idiot fans and boosters refuse to realize this.

• Plus1 1
8 hours ago, captain_sasquatch said:

Surely one of the first things Alberts did when he took the job was get a list of coach candidates. I still think if we beat Iowa and Wisconsin then Frost stays. Hint: we won't.

It's so sad. Frost is Nebraska through and through. What a story it would have been.

There is definitely a list. Matt Campbell is near the top of it. We will not win another game this year. At this point it does the program no good by not making the HC job available now. Give Chins a chance to prove himself in the last two games heck maybe the new HC retains him and a few assistants.

15 minutes ago, Dansker said:

If we were 7-3 right now with 2 blowout losses people still wouldn’t be happy so what difference does it make. That’s probably how the admin thinks and why people assume Frost will be retained. We dug our own grave firing not one but two head coaches with winning percentages. We hired 3 head coaches who have been bad hires. One of them is not like the others though. Too bad some of our idiot fans and boosters refuse to realize this.

After the last 3 years I would be tickled pink if we were 7-3 with 2 blowout losses to 2 top 10 teams. It would have showed that we 1, kept it close against a couple highly ranked teams and also means we beat Illinois, Fordham, Buffalo, Purdue and Minnesota, NW and 1 of Mich St, Mich, Okla, tOSU. AKA our first win against a ranked team during the Frost tenure. I would be fully onboard with retaining Frost in your scenario and I wouldnt be pissed at all. Next year would have me feeling like it would be a 10 or 11 win season. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
12 hours ago, teachercd said:

So MSU sucks, like, they are smoke and mirrors

Michigan is okay, they have some dudes that can play

I am not even sure which team is the best team that NU has played this year...but I am sure that they do a great job losing to s#!t teams.

I remember back in the glory years always thinking how vastly overrated the Big10 was. Most bowl seasons their “powerhouse” team would go to Pasadena and get blasted in the Rose bowl by an extremely mediocre PAC 12 team (97 Michigan, barely beats a piss poor Washington St team, and then still claims they were the best team!?). 

I think it’s still the same. I don’t know that anyone in the Big 10 this year is really very good. And typically the playoffs show this each year. 

Can you imagine even what TO’s weaker teams would have done in this conference?  We might have gone years without losing a conference game. 

We’re the bottom dweller of the weak division of a weak conference. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Roundball Shaman said:

Let's add a Definitive Question...

What may we definitively conclude about the recent Husker history of woe?

Joe Orduna... Jeff Kinney... Roger Craig... Tom Rathman... Mike Rozier... I. M. Hipp...  Johnny Rodgers... Think of the guys who USED TO line up behind the Husker quarterback.

Who knew the day would come that we’d have to wonder if there’ll ever be another one like them?

In the Golden Age of Husker football, there was always that one really great back. Sure, the aerial game is all the rage now. But...

How can the Huskers ever succeed without that one great Husker back?

I honestly think Yant could be that type of back.  

12 hours ago, Roundball Shaman said:

Let's add a Definitive Question...

What may we definitively conclude about the recent Husker history of woe?

Joe Orduna... Jeff Kinney... Roger Craig... Tom Rathman... Mike Rozier... I. M. Hipp...  Johnny Rodgers... Think of the guys who USED TO line up behind the Husker quarterback.

Who knew the day would come that we’d have to wonder if there’ll ever be another one like them?

In the Golden Age of Husker football, there was always that one really great back. Sure, the aerial game is all the rage now. But...

How can the Huskers ever succeed without that one great Husker back?

I honestly think Yant could be that type of back.  

3 hours ago, Dansker said:

That Riley was better than Frost?

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, 3rd and long said:

I remember back in the glory years always thinking how vastly overrated the Big10 was. Most bowl seasons their “powerhouse” team would go to Pasadena and get blasted in the Rose bowl by an extremely mediocre PAC 12 team (97 Michigan, barely beats a piss poor Washington St team, and then still claims they were the best team!?). 

I think it’s still the same. I don’t know that anyone in the Big 10 this year is really very good. And typically the playoffs show this each year. 

Can you imagine even what TO’s weaker teams would have done in this conference?  We might have gone years without losing a conference game. 

It is such a weird conference because everyone is so average.

I think that the population base, alumni base and the fact that a lot of sports writers/talking heads come from those schools (or did) created a very "Big Ten is amazing" feel.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, 3rd and long said:

For what it is worth, the old conference, the Big 12 has yet to win even one playoff game.

The Big 10 has had some stinkers in the playoffs for sure, but is almost at .500 in playoff games.

• Plus1 1