Pros and Cons of Keeping it Frosty

16 minutes ago, JoseyWales said:

Coach Osborne spelled it out real clear starting at 55 seconds.

people say that the bar has been lowered, we have no bars and no standards anymore.

There are underlying issues. And issues that are obvious. We've beaten Fordham, Buffalo and Northwestern. 

• Plus1 2

7 minutes ago, ndobney said:

Well not sure about that for a long time I heard a lot of people talk about being competitive against everyone we played. We definitely did that in fact we outplayed pretty much all of our opponents

I'd rather have 9 or 10 wins seasons every season like Bo Pelini and maybe get blown out a game or two, then be competitive every game, but only have 3 or 4 wins to show for it.  I would not say we outplayed a majority of our opponents this season at all.

• Plus1 1

32 minutes ago, Packerhuskerfan said:

I'd rather have 9 or 10 wins seasons every season like Bo Pelini and maybe get blown out a game or two, then be competitive every game, but only have 3 or 4 wins to show for it.  I would not say we outplayed a majority of our opponents this season at all.

Right but being competitive is certainly a Pro which is what we are discussing. And in some ways I do feel closer to getting to the cfb playoffs with Frost if we would just learn how to win those games, than I did with Pelini walking onto the field knowing we were going to get torched by jet sweep at least ten times and have no chance of competing. You can loose a close game and still make the playoffs but if you get blown out you are not making the playoffs

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, ndobney said:

Right but being competitive is certainly a Pro which is what we are discussing. And in some ways I do feel closer to getting to the cfb playoffs with Frost if we would just learn how to win those games, than I did with Pelini walking onto the field knowing we were going to get torched by jet sweep at least ten times and have no chance of competing. You can loose a close game and still make the playoffs but if you get blown out you are not making the playoffs

Yeah, but you can't lose 7 close games out of 10 and make the playoffs. 

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
3 minutes ago, ndobney said:

Nope but in the future if we win 3 or 4 of those close games and 3-4 of them comfortably, then we could. 

I agree that the best way to a great program is to win 8 games comfortably (by better talent) and doing your best in the remaining 50-50 games. However, what has shown you to think that Frost can get his team up to getting to the point of winning the 8 games comfortably?  Crap, Frost can't even get a winning record against any of the Big Ten West teams. These are 6 opponents which NU plays every year. Frost has a losing record!  Why even think about playoff with this current coaching staff? 

2 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Pros:

-Prior to this season he has done a good job at recruiting

-Nebraska will not have to buy out his contract

Cons:

-Worst coaching record since the 1950s

-Stubborn to the point of costing the program games

-No signs he knows how to improve offense or special teams

Hard to put recruiting as a positive being that Frost is done recruiting effectively til he produces a winner and makes his regime look more stable. Keeping him means accepting this class will suck and next class can only be salvaged late by either Frost finally turning things around or a new HC creating excitement. 

7 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I agree that the best way to a great program is to win 8 games comfortably (by better talent) and doing your best in the remaining 50-50 games. However, what has shown you to think that Frost can get his team up to getting to the point of winning the 8 games comfortably?  Crap, Frost can't even get a winning record against any of the Big Ten West teams. These are 6 opponents which NU plays every year. Frost has a losing record!  Why even think about playoff with this current coaching staff? 

I believe we can do better on Offense. Bit we have also average 30 ppg while only giving up 20 on average

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Frost has never beaten Iowa or Wisconsin. :bang

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, ndobney said:

I believe we can do better on Offense. 

And you have been a person who has continually called Martinez a "choker", and I do agree that Martinez should be able to handle pressure situations better. However, with Frost supposed to be an offensive mind, it's very troubling when his o-line allows continuous pressure, the RB's either aren't trusted to make plays or Frost doesn't have enough patience to stick with them, and they haven't been able to recruit and develop a solid WR in 4 years.  I won't mention anything when it comes to special teams. 

• Plus1 1

Question: Did Frost actually call plays at Oregon as OC or did Helfrich? I thought Helfrich did in the same way Chip did when Helfrich was his OC. If true Frost has 2 years of play calling experience at the G5 level before taking the job. In other words, he and Chinander have called plays for the same number of seasons. Which one has evolved and matured in their role as a play caller? 

• Plus1 1