Bring the boys back home

58 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Or how about we hire a whole new head coach and let him decide how to fill his staff. I do like the former Huskers you have mentioned, but it's not a requirement.  After all, Chinander is a former Iowa player, and he's done pretty well as DC. 

Easier to just replace Austin no reason to throw the baby out with the bath water.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I might agree if Frost has shown any ability to win a decent percentage of games. He has the WORST win percentage in all of modern NU history. 

And an unusually high percentage of those we are consistently one play away from winning. Two or three adjustments could fix pretty much all of that.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 5
7 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

If it was just 2 or 3 adjustments, don't you think Frost would have been able to make those adjustments sometime in his 4 years?

Well he hasn't fired his offensive line coach yet which may be coming. Think they will likely evaluate at the end of the year and a couple things will need to improve if not sure we will fire Frost. Either way you'll get your way we will either win or yes we will fire Frost

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, ndobney said:

Don't you just get that feeling that we are on the verge of turning the corner? 

No, I don't. I feel that we continuously find ways to lose, and that's on Frost. I don't have any confidence in Frost and most of his staff going forward. At no point today, did I think NU would win today.

The offense is a complete mess, and special teams has been bad for 4 years. I defended Frost in that "he can't coach kickers to make field goals", but it's very possible that he pays so little attention to special teams that missed field goals and bad punts are a symptom of that. 

• Plus1 6

2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

No, I don't. I feel that we continuously find ways to lose, and that's on Frost. I don't have any confidence in Frost and most of his staff going forward. At no point today, did I think NU would win today.

The offense is a complete mess, and special teams has been bad for 4 years. I defended Frost in that "he can't coach kickers to make field goals", but it's very possible that he pays so little attention to special teams that missed field goals and bad punts are a symptom of that. 

You are letting your emotions cloud your judgement and your not able to step back and see the big picture. Overall we are clos; offense is a mess but there is talent there and we are averaging 30 ppg and I'm not even sure our LT has landed a block this season, Adrian Martinez makes some of the worst mistakes imaginable when he gets nervous that's not Frost fault and the kickers are missing fgs left and right. Its actually a mini miracle that we have averaged 30 ppg. Our defense is allowing 20 ppg. 

• Thanks 2
15 minutes ago, ndobney said:

You are letting your emotions cloud your judgement and your not able to step back and see the big picture. Overall we are clos; offense is a mess but there is talent there and we are averaging 30 ppg and I'm not even sure our LT has landed a block this season, Adrian Martinez makes some of the worst mistakes imaginable when he gets nervous that's not Frost fault and the kickers are missing fgs left and right. Its actually a mini miracle that we have averaged 30 ppg. Our defense is allowing 20 ppg. 

I am not being emotional about this.  I am being objective about how things have been under Frost. If anything, you are the emotional one thinking that all ills will be fixed with a change at QB and a few assistant coaches. All that would do is really delay the inevitable, in that I don't see the returning team being significantly better than this year. 

EDIT:  I am applying the same principles I had when Riley was the coach. History shows, if a coach is going to be successful at a school, that coach will prove it in WINS and LOSSES within 3-4 years. Frost isn't proving that in his tenure.  You say NU is close. I say, let a new coach who knows how to actually win, move NU to the next level. 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 2

No - we are not. Frost would have in the Purdue game - play Smothers and Yant - big portions of Yant. They keep saying they have all kinds of confidence in Smothers, yet Adrian is beat to hell and basically a shot up plane trying to survive the mission something doesn’t add up. They also took 4 QBs to Minnesota and only played 1? and .. Yant ? he is a beast.. SF is the play caller… if this thing was going to turn around, it would have been at that game. A bright sunny day at home with what coach said it was a near 100% Adrian? Remember he said Adrian was close to 100%. Then after the game he talked about how beat up he was. Something is awry…

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, ndobney said:

If we were actually close we would beat the Minnesotas and Purdues of the world by 2-3 touchdowns and not barely lose to most teams however s#!tty or good they are.

It doesn't mean anything anymore to barely lose to top 10 teams, because the previous and next week we've also lost to a team that sucks. You have to start beating teams like that or claiming we're close makes you sound like a moron (speaking of Frost here).

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

If it was just 2 or 3 adjustments, don't you think Frost would have been able to make those adjustments sometime in his 4 years?

Well frost has admitted to playing a hobbled Martinez...  So he decided to ride with a broken QB, OR we don't have a sufficient back up QB after 4 yrs which mean frost should have freed up Verduzco's money.  So there is a pretty big adjustment that frost didnt make..  Even if its more than 2-3 the problem is he is not adjusting any of them... 

• Plus1 1