Just normal American Utopia...

6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

We spend how much on military but can’t afford technology to make sure everyone is paying their taxes?

I'm not a huge numbers guy, but I'd venture a guess you could really improve the function of the IRS with $600,000,000,000...

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

It is like they are using Commodore 64's.

2 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I'm not a huge numbers guy, but I'd venture a guess you could really improve the function of the IRS with $600,000,000,000...

It’s just nuts that we haven’t upgraded the system since the 1960s.  It’s as though the people in charge of funding it don’t want the IRS to have the technology to look at their taxes. 

• Plus1 3
11 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

It’s just nuts that we haven’t upgraded the system since the 1960s.  It’s as though the people in charge of funding it don’t want the IRS to have the technology to look at their taxes. 

SHUT UP THE IRS IS DOING A GREAT JOB AND WE'RE ALL PAYING EXACTLY OUR FAIR SHARE ON TAXES GUYS SHUT UP SHUT UP

Don't listen to him IRS!! You don't need better technology

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

We spend how much on military but can’t afford technology to make sure everyone is paying their taxes?

I could see why a bunch of people whose core message is "eventually drown the government in the bathtub" wouldn't want the government to be able to generate revenue. 

• Plus1 1

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/24/politics/utah-democrats-evan-mcmullin-mike-lee/index.html

Utah Dems actually decide to back a former Republican running as an Independent for US Senate.

Remind us again which party is moving away from where it was...

A majority of voters are just craving rational people.  How pathetic does this have to get?

edit: Utah was also the state the had two candidates appear in a commercial together to explain that no one was a "bad guy" in 2020.  I never thought I'd have Utah high on my places to live!

• Oh Yeah! 2

Good thread for discussion. 

The problem as I see it is that one side, more than the other, has decided to elect people to President and Congress that their sole purpose is to add to this problem.  Their job is to fuel the battle because this is ‘Mercia. 

Meanwhile, There are a lot of people in the middle that are just plain disgusted. 

• Plus1 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

Obviously not the worst city if there's that many homeless people. Homeless people go to the good cities, they wouldn't go be homeless in a s#!thole :lol: 

That is the most amazingly positive point of view ever!  Haha

I feel like I would go to Vegas.