Just normal American Utopia...

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 months later...

fwiw

Pledge of Allegiance

(Bellamy versions)

(changes are bolded and underlined)
1892 (first version)[1]
"I pledge allegiance to my Flag and the Republic for which it stands, one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
1892 to 1923 (early revision by Bellamy)[2]
"I pledge allegiance to my Flag and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
1923 to 1924[3]
"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
1924 to 1954[3]
"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
1954 (current version, per 4 U.S.C. §4)[4]
"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
  • Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2

Putting this here because there's plenty of blame to go around in this situation.

So much failure here. Orange Man Bad repeals a safety rule implemented by President Obama that would have mitigated this disaster. So far, the Biden administration has yet to replace the rule, and of course the railroads aren't going to do anything that costs them too much money.

This is the burnoff plume from the train derailment in East Palestine, OH. 

FoXz4YSaIAEPv8T?format=jpg&name=orig

And here's what it looked like as it grew...

1wtsK4c.jpg

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1