Why I'm still hopeful about next year.

BoSolich

34 minutes ago, huskerfan99 said:

Literally stopped reading after “Martinez is very close to being an elite QB.”

Yeah same here.  Thought we were going to see an insight or two. 

Helpful hints (2):  1.  Adrian Martinez is playing his best, what we see is what we get;  he's peaked.    2.  Scott Frost is coaching his best, what we see is what we get;  he's peaked. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

I love how Purdue uses 3! quarterbacks.  Make a defense really have to deal with a lot.

If we had revamped QB coaching I think Martinez could be a key cog for an offense.  The dude does make some great plays and makes the defense prepare for scrambling, options, and called runs, in addition to his passing.

If we grabbed a very good QB  to form a combo, it could be pretty effective IMO.  Take some pressure off Martinez and help him to relax and just do his thing when on the field.   Imagine if we somehow got Rattler to form a 1 2 QB punch.    They both can throw and run - Rattler more with the throwing and Martinez more with the running.   Probably not a high chance to get Rattler to be honest, oh well.

• Plus1 2
7 hours ago, BoSolich said:

Martinez is very close to being an elite college qb. with 1 more offseason of work maybe he gets there next year.

our running backs are going to get a lot better with another offseason of development.

our line can't get any worse.

a lot of our key receivers should be back next year.

our special teams can't get any worse.

most the defense will be back which obviously has been the strongest part of the team.

i'd personally would like to see frost get 1 more year to prove he can coach a winner. It makes sense to me.

I'm with ya. We'll get there.

• Haha 1