Call your shot - Coach and personnel changes

Call your shot - Coach and Personnel changes  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Will Frost be back for a fifth season?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Which Coaches will be let go?

• Frost will be fired - ignore other options
    • Matt Lubick
    • Mario Verduzco
    • Greg Austin
    • Everyone will be kept
    • Ryan Held
  3. 3. Will Martenez return?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/13/2021 at 01:00 PM

10 minutes ago, Head Coach Scott Frost said:

There's a ton of talk about what should happen. What do you guys think actually will happen? I don't think anything ends up happening and everyone is back.

I agree with you that this is what will actually happen.  Everyone is back,  continuity just like the old days. Year 5 of the same, all because we are competitive in every game.

• Plus1 1

Well coach since you asked, i think you will be back next year and if you are smart you will find some new blood with your qb coach and your offence line coach.  You will have a special teams coordinator to help smooth out that problem.  If you are as smart as i think you are you will not be retaining martinez.  He is worked his tail off for the program but he is not the future.  Time to start the future qb next year.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
43 minutes ago, Head Coach Scott Frost said:

There's a ton of talk about what should happen. What do you guys think actually will happen? I don't think anything ends up happening and everyone is back.

Scott Frost will be back. The changes will be marginal. I voted Martinez returning though I'm around 50/50 on that.

It's not the scheme, not the assistants, not the head couch...It's all about everyone doing just a little bit better. We're so close. ;)

• Haha 1

I voted, against my own opinion, and said that he will be back.  I voted for all of those listed to go.  And would add Held.  Another board said than an assistant is leaving at the end of the year that will make the fanbase very happy.  I would assume this would be Austin or Verduzco....That individual, who ever it might be could end up being the only person released.......I think Frost comes back he is here through 2023 at a minimum....

• Plus1 2

Sounds strange but next season will be the most important in the history of Husker football since letting Solich go. How is this possible?  We’ve already seen it all!  Not yet. Because next year will either be the culmination of the golden boy or it is all getting burned down. Call it do or die, make it or break it,  win or go home…it’s all pent up for next season.

Even though there is a chance he will be let go, I think Frost survives. He is a unique hire that everyone got behind and said they wanted to give him time. They wanted him to not get blown out and bring in his guys, etc. I am not into the moral victories but that narrative has taken hold that Frost is close and his teams, although frustrating to watch, do not get blown out.

I took a look at the depth chart. Like it or not we don’t lose much on offense. No excuses with these guys now in the system for multiple years. The schedule is not as tough. On defense Domann and Stille will be graduated. Other guys we are graduating I am not as concerned about. CTB will be interesting if he stays or tries for the NFL. No excuses on defense though, we reload and it’s now other guy’s turns to step up, the same as all college teams have to deal with.

This recruiting class is poor which further tells me all the chips are in on next season. If we play well then Frost is the man and recruiting picks up again. If we play poorly then no one can say Frost did not have all the opportunity to get it done and we blow it up.

I think we’ll win one of the next two games. 4 wins is bad. But for the reasons above we will see Frost back. And his off-season moves will be critical. How does he upgrade the staff? How does he upgrade through the portal? How does he revamp the offense? What decision is made with AM? Frost is now coaching for his long term viability as Husker coach. It’ll be high drama. But what did you expect, this is Husker football. Next season will define the next decade.

• Plus1 1