The OWH Editorial Board.....endorses a 5th year for Frost?

Cdog923

Their logic hurts my brain.

Even Bill Callahan and Mike Riley had better records and bigger wins than our native son, national championship quarterback has been able to deliver.

But the critical difference, in our view, is that Frost genuinely knows and feels Husker fans’ pain. We are confident he cares as much as any of us and hurts as much or more than any of us. Callahan, Riley and, in all probability, whomever could be hired to replace Frost lack that intangible.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Crusader Husker said:

Who does the NYT endorse?  What about the GI Independent?

Worms Gazette?

What am I missing here.   This stuff is what makes me cranky about the current state of journalism, but at least it is the "editorial" staff.

The editorial staff. Not a sports editor, or a columnist. The voice of the very paper itself decided to get involved in the inner workings of the head coaching job at the University of Nebraska. 

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Lol.  The "Keep Frost" PR machine is churning.

Did the OWH Ed board weigh in on Riley or Pelini or Callahan or Solich?

A coach by any other name: OWH would be calling for their firing.   I just don't understand the rational behind keeping a well below .400 coach - just because he keeps the games close.  I guess losing small and often isn't as embarrassing as losing big even if you win most of your games as Bo did.  

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Red Five said:

Their logic hurts my brain.

Yeah, kind of a dumb take/rationalization by the ed board... at least based on the specific part you quoted.

Callahan and Riley did their best to succeed at Nebraska. I don't believe for a moment that either of them didn't appreciate or respect the pain Husker fans felt nor that it gives Frost some inherent 'intangible' benefit over anyone else. Honestly, people have used that as a criticism against Frost i.e. he cares so much and feels so passionately about the program that it perhaps inhibits his ability to get the program back on track.