Frost is returning for 2022

knapplc

Just now, The Duke said:

Yep. There was NO WAY they were going to pay the $20 million to buyout Frost's contract along with all of his assistants. I think that would have been close to over $25-million.

I think Trev made not only the correct decision for the football team, but a savy business decision for the university.

Business maybe, I fail to see how it is the correct decision for the football team.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2
2 minutes ago, captain_sasquatch said:

I've been pretty on the fence with letting him go or not. I can get on board with this decision especially with a restructured contract. If I were to guess I would assume it's going to be a much lower buyout and a lower salary with performance-based incentives. 

I was the same as you. Heck after the Perdue game I wrote on this board that I thought it was over for this staff. But I can get behind this decision by Trev. I really want Frost to succeed here. He now needs to make the necessary coaching changes and take a good look in the offseason at overhauling his offensive scheme.

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, now we are going to start splitting up the fan base?  GREAT!!!!

Nah, the ones who wanted him gone will begrudgingly be happy if we turn the corner next year and start winning again,. 

If that doesn't happen they get to tell everyone who wanted him back, how right they were for a whole year, and then get their desired outcome at the end of next season. 

It's really win/win for them. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1