Frost is returning for 2022

knapplc

Don't worry guys, we're bringing in the worst recruiting class in Nebraska history. The cavalry is coming in the *checks notes* #71 class in the country, just behind Toledo at #70 and Central Michigan at #72. I'm sure kids next season will be ready to commit to a coach likely on the biggest hot seat in the country. 

But hey, he didn't treat a 175 pound slot receiver as a running back this year, causing him to transfer. So I guess things are improving around here. 

• Plus1 1
Just now, captain_sasquatch said:

To all of the people saying that the pro-Frost crowd doesn't get to complain about anything next year: does that mean if the team has success you don't get to enjoy it either? How does that side of the coin work?

Sure…

If Frost wins 9 or 10 games next year, I will not enjoy it.

but I am guessing that bar has already been lowered.

• Plus1 1

13 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I am on record on this board saying that I would understand and not be angry if he was let go at the end of the season.

If he is to come back, he needs to have a specific game plan as to how there would be major changes to the program such as offensive staff and ST coach.  

Sounds like that's what is happening and I'm fine with that.

The restructured contract is very interesting.

I've been a vocal critic of keeping Frost after the Minne game.  Nothing personal against Frost - I was a  kool aid drinker up to the Illinois game.  

If Frost makes substantial changes in the staff and the way he manages the offense and ST, then I will have some hope of better days ahead.  

He has got to find consistency on offense.  If that means a actual, accountable new OC, then so be it.   

Now that a decision has been made, let the healing begin.  That starts with changing his staff and finding immediate contributors in the portal.  

I hope he is able to smash 2022 and shatter expectations for the good of the program and its fans. 

• Plus1 2

11 minutes ago, Gage County said:

Every B1G team approves of this.

12 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

What is the buyout after next year?

Part of the restructuring should include that.  I'm hoping there's language about wins, also.

2 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Honest question, do you find any games enjoyable if it doesn't end in the "W"?

I really can’t believe this is a new Froster talking point.

good lord, we fired Bo for getting blown out…now we should be keeping Frost because it is about “More than winning”

• Plus1 4
  • Oh Yeah! 1