Frost is returning for 2022

knapplc

2 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Honest question, do you find any games enjoyable if it doesn't end in the "W"?

I hate losing with a passion.  But, I had a blast in Lincoln and at the game on Saturday.  No, that's not a moral victory as some like to put it.  The crowd was in the game.  The atmosphere was great.  The losing part sucked but it was exciting right up to the end.

Now, we need to keep that and start ending these games with a win.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2

I like the news.  My guess is Trev put some feelers out there and probably didn't feel great about the candidate pool coupled with the landscape of other schools in the mix for coaches.  Between USC, LSU, potential penn st opening, Florida, and others- thats some tough schools to go up against if you're not feeling great about the replacement pool to work with.

Give frosty a chance to rebuild the staff a bit and see what comes of it.  Worst case scenario, Trev has way more time to find a potential back up candidate and not sprint into a rush decision and make a s#!t hire.

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Honest question, do you find any games enjoyable if it doesn't end in the "W"?

A close well fought loss against a good opponent here and there is one thing. It's another when you are on track for the worst record since 1957, there's nothing left to play for, and many of those losses are from shooting ourselves in the foot.

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

I mean…it is sort of the most important part.

No disagreement there. But, I thoroughly enjoyed parts of all games so far this year. I've only ever shut two games off and they were the BIG Champ loss to Wisconsin, and Riley's second Oregon game. So I guess my question is, does the final outcome, W/L create or ruin the whole experience for some people? 

• Haha 1
Just now, BigRedBuster said:

I hate losing with a passion.  But, I had a blast in Lincoln and at the game on Saturday.  No, that's not a moral victory as some like to put it.  The crowd was in the game.  The atmosphere was great.  The losing part sucked but it was exciting right up to the end.

Now, we need to keep that and start ending these games with a win.

Being in Lincoln for a game is always a good time.  Had they pulled out the win it would be been a crazy time,

• Oh Yeah! 1
1 minute ago, Born N Bled Red said:

No disagreement there. But, I thoroughly enjoyed parts of all games so far this year. I've only ever shut two games off and they were the BIG Champ loss to Wisconsin, and Riley's second Oregon game. So I guess my question is, does the final outcome, W/L create or ruin the whole experience for some people? 

Nope, the season being crappy is what ruins it.

31 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

Two offensive staff members are being let go immediately after the season, and one is retiring. The players do not want to transfer. Many want to stay and made it known that there won't be a mass exodus. There will be some though, and the staff is for it. Trev and Scott have been talking to replacements for a little while. Oops. 

Austin obviously fired. Held probably fired. (I said a year ago that he's been like Keith Williams: big recruiting, small results on the field.) Verduzco probably the one that's retiring. Lubbick on the fence. Keep Beckton.

Does Frost bring in another QB coach, or does he start coaching them himself and bring in a dedicated special teams coordinator?

1 minute ago, presidentjlh said:

A close well fought loss against a good opponent here and there is one thing. It's another when you are on track for the worst record since 1957, there's nothing left to play for, and many of those losses are from shooting ourselves in the foot.

If we were even 5-5 right now, I would not be nearly as down about it.

3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Seeing a lot of this sentiment from the national media.

Of course, that reminds me that a lot of the national media were very much behind the Mike Riley hire, and said Nebraska fans were going to be pleasantly surprised. So there's that.

Klatt secretly enjoys Nebraska's demise.  And of course we all know why that is.