Frost is returning for 2022

knapplc

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Thinking about the $ of the situation, I think with COVID reducing $ in 2020, not having a full fan base in support of his firing (I think more fans think Frost should stick around), the Regents and President were more worried about firing Frost than keeping him around.  I think Trev probably could have fired Frost if it was truly up to him, but he will play the good soldier (with the Regents) for the time being.

There's a good chance the boosters are the ones that want him to stick around and why they wouldn't put up the money to fire him.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, captain_sasquatch said:

No, not at all. Based on what you're saying in this thread literally nothing is going to make you happy so why do you continue to invest your time?

What?

I said I wanted a coaching search.  That would make me happy.  It also makes me happy replying to you. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

Ok, nobody starts a "Way to early 2022 coach search" thread -- please.  Not until we play NW in Dublin at the earliest.    

Frost is our guy for now.  It will be interesting to see what the restructured contract looks like and what changes Frost is required to make. 

In as much as I'm looking forward to seeing the staff changes, I'm perhaps more so wanting to see what players we pick up in the transfer portal.  Will we get a 

highly ranked QB to replace AM?  How do we replace the super seniors on D.  Will we be able to pick up some quality OL guys - esp at tackle?   And can we find an

accurate place kicker?

Also important: Who transfers out?  Yant, Morrison?  Does Allen go pro or stay?  

I think we have quality RBs if they had quality blockers and a consistent game plan that allows for their success.  

I am fine with this. Now it's time to put up or shut up next year. No more "We are so close" talk. It's either time to win or it's over and I think by that time everyone will be in agreement. 

So when I read he was guaranteed coming back next year, I felt fine and almost relieved since there won't be this unknown lingering over our heads the next 2-3 weeks. But that feeling was overshadowed by anxiety and fear as I said out loud to myself, almost in tears, "Please don't let this mean Martinez comes back." I can be content and fine with Frost returning next year, doesn't bother me in the least. But if Verdu and Martinez return, I don't think it's worth investing any emotion into this program until 2023.

• Plus1 1
Just now, teachercd said:

What?

I said I wanted a coaching search.  That would make me happy.  It also makes me happy replying to you. 

I'm glad I could be of service. I guess maybe I'm too pragmatic, but it's already been confirmed there will not be a coaching search.

You're clearly against Frost as the HC. I absolutely get that. The results haven't been there. You don't enjoy watching us play these top 10 teams close and lose. I also get that. I think I agree with you more than I disagree.

You go on to say you won't enjoy it if we win 9 or 10 games next year. You then bring up Bo for some reason. It's clear that nothing that is potentially possible about Husker football in the near to intermediate future is going to make you happy. My question is: why do you continue to invest your time?

• Oh Yeah! 1
1 minute ago, BoNeyard said:

I am fine with this. Now it's time to put up or shut up next year. No more "We are so close" talk. It's either time to win or it's over and I think by that time everyone will be in agreement. 

So when I read he was guaranteed coming back next year, I felt fine and almost relieved since there won't be this unknown lingering over our heads the next 2-3 weeks. But that feeling was overshadowed by anxiety and fear as I said out loud to myself, almost in tears, "Please don't let this mean Martinez comes back." I can be content and fine with Frost returning next year, doesn't bother me in the least. But if Verdu and Martinez return, I don't think it's worth investing any emotion into this program until 2023.

If Verdu retires as some have said, it might be enough that Martinez moves on (not wanting to start over with a new QB coach). I guess it will likely all depend on his relationship with Frost.