Frost is returning for 2022

knapplc

My biggest gripe is that we’ll go 6-6 next season and it’ll be considered progress, and it’ll only prolong the inevitable. Our current recruiting class has me seriously concerned. 

2 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Just hire all the LSU offensive coaches and have them bring all their players and recruits...

A few of them have Nebraska ties, so that’s not a bad idea. 

The next year will be very weird for me as a fan.  I thought Frost should have been fired, just because I don't think he has what it takes to win big at NU.  I won't have much excitement going into the season, and I won't really think about "these games should be wins" because Frost hasn't gotten those wins at any point in his career.  I will watch every game, but I really won't think about what is a "success" until the very end of the season.  It's just a weird time.

Now, it sounds like Alberts has laid out some guidelines to the program going forward, and that may be interesting to see how Frost adjusts to those guidelines.  Other than that, next year will probably be pretty meh.

• Plus1 3
4 minutes ago, not me said:

I was there Saturday as well and you are crazy. That was the worst crowd I've seen when the game wasn't a blowout. It didn't get loud until the 4th quarter, because no one was willing to believe they would be able to pull it off.

I thought it was a pretty good atmosphere for an 11:00 kick.  Not a vintage night game, but not bad either.  

6 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

My biggest gripe is that we’ll go 6-6 next season and it’ll be considered progress, and it’ll only prolong the inevitable. Our current recruiting class has me seriously concerned. 

A few of them have Nebraska ties, so that’s not a bad idea. 

A Peetz/Brennan combo deal would be perfect. Not far fetched to have it already set up as one is already in the portal and one is on a fired staff. 

I would be more than happy if 3 offensive coaches were no longer here next season.  Also when I thought someone mentioning retiring I immediately thought of Lubick basically retiring again.  

If Frost can show that he has the cajones to make the difficult decisions he deserves another year.  

I can't imagine that Austin has a job at NU next season.

• Plus1 1