Frost is returning for 2022

knapplc

The fascinating part to me is that at 3-5 before the Purdue game, "the sell" was ... we only have a few games to really evaluate anything.  Basically, we can't be like other universities that fire someone else after a few games.  Basically, everything over four years, including being 3-5 this season ... you can't make any broad, sweeping decisions or judgments.  Trev then spoke about the excitement of playing Purdue and said he thought we would win.

We lose that game and the OSU game and now at 3-7, it's time to weigh in on the state of Nebraska football.  Prior, we needed to wait for the end of the season.  There will be time for all that stuff.  Again, you can see so clearly "the sell" and PR of it all.

Trev Alberts is a fan of making "bold, broad statements" about a coach's standing during a season, and has now expressed support for and confidence in fourth-year head football coach Scott Frost [which is fine].  Less than two weeks ago he said he wouldn't and that it would be "very counterproductive." 

Here is Trev's heart ... "I do think that there is a time and a space for that. All I can tell you is I’ve been extraordinarily proud of Coach Frost and our coaching staff." "I love working with Scott. We continue working together. I see great things for our program."

It's all well and good.  I'm not butthurt ... but I was right in his BS.  He's been very busy trying to keep the ship floating.  He will be hoping it works out [as we all will].  I'll credit him for working out a better deal for the university.  

I can't say, "In Frost I Trust", but he has another year to bloviate on his "that's a really good player" and being 1-2 players away.  I'll be rooting for him to succeed.  He has the easy schedule to show he isn't a bottom dweller.

• Plus1 2