Frost is returning for 2022

knapplc

27 minutes ago, CyHawk said:

It will be interesting who, and what you will need to pay them, to come aboard this sinking ship. To say that the assistants were to blame for this debacle is just crazy. Didn't these people answer to Frost?  

Next year the new coaching staff will be used an an excuse for not winning games, even with the easy schedule next year. Instead of this move, they either should have kept them all for another year, or fired them all. Is it really the fault of the Assistants?  

That settles it. Guy named CyHawk is bent out of shape over the move. Must’ve been the right thing to do.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 3

The powers that be had leverage. The violation thing a while back as not fulfilling his contract, probably. No 25 mil buyout in the “negotiations.”  So, the losses pissed off the wrong people. Immediate release of several coaches speaks volumes.  

One thing I will say is a huge positive for Frost and a sort of tangible thing to show things could work is, his players haven’t quit on him or on Nebraska. Even though he’s what? 15-30 as a head coach, more than a handful of one possession losses, his players don’t give up and continue to play snap after snap.

Other coaches across the country who are on their respected hot seats can not say the same thing. I’d even say in Riley’s last year here some of his players seemed to have given up. 

But not the case for Frost. Easy for these guys to have no showed the Ohio state game. They could’ve never even showed up to the Minnesota game. They showed up late, got punched in the mouth, could’ve easily mailed it in, but instead they decided to show up late and fought.

Just saying, it could be easy to hang it up when you lose week after week and in close games and all the talk that your coach may be gone, but his guys have shown up for him.

• Plus1 4
2 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

There is just too much baggage to bring back Adrian. Frost and his new OC need to bag a transfer QB to start in 2022. 

Or develop a backup so he doesn’t have to play hurt. Or develop a run game. Or an offensive line. Or be serviceable on special teams. Anyway i work this I don’t see how Adrian is the cause of any of this. He’s a hero who needed his coach to look out for him.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

Or develop a backup so he doesn’t have to play hurt. Or develop a run game. Or an offensive line. Or be serviceable on special teams. Anyway i work this I don’t see how Adrian is the cause of any of this. He’s a hero who needed his coach to look out for him.  

This. 

• Plus1 2