Frost is returning for 2022

knapplc

51 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Our own AD: "There's not a lot of data to suggest this will work, let's be honest. But I also think, if there's a decision point - whether it's football or anything else, you know, Scott's a brother, he's a Husker, he's a Nebraskan"

What part of that quote screams: "we're making decisions to win games!!"

And not: "Scott is from here so even though I think we'll lose, it's better that he's a Nebraskan". 

I think fans in large part echo the sentiments of our AD. Which is, I hope he wins, he probably won't, but it's better him than somebody else.

I disagree.

You can interpret it as negatively as you want.  I don't interpret it that way.  

• Plus1 2

32 minutes ago, The Dude said:

A large contingency of Husker fans wanted Frost back for a 5th season.  What further evidence do you need? 

And all of those don't care about winning.

If we put a poll up here with options of saying:

1) I want a new coach so we win more.

2) I want Frost to stay at one more year with changes to the program to see if he can win more.

3) I want Frost to stay here because he's a nice Nebraska boy and I don't care about winning.

How many do you think are going to pick #3?

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

It feels like various posts can put words in your mouth ... so ...

I was watching those titles in 71-72.  I had moved on from Scott after the Illinois game.  And as I keep stating, the two-year extension was "bull-butter".  It was not a "cost of doing business".  It was folks who saw Scott as a "Nebraskan" and "savior" and the extension was a short-term fix to help recruiting [but Scott has floundered in really every capacity other than "loving these kids"]. 

For me, I don't admire Trev for his decision.  I do applaud his gamesmanship amidst his own PR and political maneuvers for sure [the stuff he pulled in the last week would rival the national leaders].  I would have respected him greatly to fire Frost at the end of the season after his evaluation he said he would do [at the end of the season].

Still, I get it all ... and here we are.  I'm not trying to win any argument and will be rooting for Scott to succeed.  

I made this post because as an old-timer, I would not do what has been done by any stretch ... going all the way back to when we were 8-14 after two seasons under Frost.  I wanted Frost to have five [5] years for the rebuild come hell of high-water, but frankly, it was obvious to me at 8-14 that we had a "lemon" and it has been difficult to see the program have to suffer under Scott's lack.  I get it.  I failed at several opportunities in life that most would have concluded that I would have been very successful.  In that ... I truly feel for Scott.  We all wanted it to be the fairy tale story ... some continue to perpetuate it.  That's okay ... you get another year.

For me, my previous wife of 26 years, her Dad [Iowa St. alum] and my former three sons ... it's just another year for them to laugh at :bigredn: and mock and humiliate me.

• Thanks 2
2 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

It feels like various posts can put words in your mouth ... so ...

I was watching those titles in 71-72.  I had moved on from Scott after the Illinois game.  And as I keep stating, the two-year extension was "bull-butter".  It was not a "cost of doing business".  It was folks who saw Scott as a "Nebraskan" and "savior" and the extension was a short-term fix to help recruiting [but Scott has floundered in really every capacity other than "loving these kids"]. 

For me, I don't admire Trev for his decision.  I do applaud his gamesmanship amidst his own PR and political maneuvers for sure [the stuff he pulled in the last week would rival the national leaders].  I would have respected him greatly to fire Frost at the end of the season after his evaluation he said he would do [at the end of the season].

Still, I get it all ... and here we are.  I'm not trying to win any argument and will be rooting for Scott to succeed.  

I made this post because as an old-timer, I would not do what has been done by any stretch ... going all the way back to when we were 8-14 after two seasons under Frost.  I wanted Frost to have five [5] years for the rebuild come hell of high-water, but frankly, it was obvious to me at 8-14 that we had a "lemon" and it has been difficult to see the program have to suffer under Scott's lack.  I get it.  I failed at several opportunities in life that most would have concluded that I would have been very successful.  In that ... I truly feel for Scott.  We all wanted it to be the fairy tale story ... some continue to perpetuate it.  That's okay ... you get another year.

For me, my previous wife of 26 years, her Dad [Iowa St. alum] and my former three sons ... it's just another year for them to laugh at :bigredn: and mock and humiliate me.

If it's any consolation we have scoreboard forever over Iowa State, and even with Campbell, their best coach in...forever?, they've achieved basically nothing.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

2) I want Frost to stay at one more year with changes to the program to see if he can win more.

3) I want Frost to stay here because he's a nice Nebraska boy and I don't care about winning.

I better get some InboxDollars if I answer this.

7 hours ago, TGHusker said:

I wanted a new coach ... after the Minne game and even more so after Purdee game and his post game presser.  However, If the boosters don't want to pony up to pay the $20m buyout then Trev's hands were tied and he got the best deal possible.  

If Frost fails and we have to go through 1 more year of purgatory caused by the sin of firing Frank,  I think we will be in a better position to land a good coach  as there are a lot of high profile openings already out there with more to come.  NU may have been down the list on the pecking order.  Got to hope forcing Frost's hand to deliver will make this a successful turnaround.  It is all hope at this point and no koolaid :koolaid2: It will start with who he picks as OC and assistant coaches to show if that hope is based on sand or rock.  

The main issue I have with how things have gone down is, what is the plan for fixing/correcting Frosts personal deficiencies? No matter who he brings in on offense, he still needs to get better at focus, motivating players, attention to detail, clock management, decision making, and player/roster management.

basically, we have a plan to hopefully fix special teams, the oline, rbs, Wrs, and playcalling. Where’s the plan to help frost get better?

• Plus1 1
40 minutes ago, thatguy said:

The main issue I have with how things have gone down is, what is the plan for fixing/correcting Frosts personal deficiencies? No matter who he brings in on offense, he still needs to get better at focus, motivating players, attention to detail, clock management, decision making, and player/roster management.

basically, we have a plan to hopefully fix special teams, the oline, rbs, Wrs, and playcalling. Where’s the plan to help frost get better?

The plan is to make him a CEO and relieve  him from any of the daily football details. 

12 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

The plan is to make him a CEO and relieve  him from any of the daily football details. 

if the very issue he was having was that he was poor at being a CEO, making him focus on being the CEO without a plan to have him fix his issues may not work out well.

• Plus1 1
27 minutes ago, thatguy said:

if the very issue he was having was that he was poor at being a CEO, making him focus on being the CEO without a plan to have him fix his issues may not work out well.

It’s quite possibly a trap. I still don’t get the restructuring the contract. He can’t get to a bowl game at 5 million. Why does anyone think he can do it at 4? 

can the man already. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Husker03 said:

We had 33 years with 2 coaches, they averaged an .825 win percentage during that time. Man, consistency it is nice, especially when they actually won things that matter in the college football world. You wouldn't know about that, though.  It's ok, I am sure you will find somebody post Ferentz that can manage to keep your program hovering for 2-3 more decades somewhere between the .600 and .613 win percentage you all strive for.

Your going to make me says this arent you.  Your going to make me defend the cyhawk troll.  Ok here we go.  We have NOTHINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG to defend our scoreboard with them for the past 5 years.  If this were a rental, they would be getting reduced rates for how long they have been a tenant in our stadium.  They Ownnnnn us, so please keep your petty comments about what they do know or dont know because you know what they know how to f#&%ing win and we dont.

2 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

Your going to make me says this arent you.  Your going to make me defend the cyhawk troll.  Ok here we go.  We have NOTHINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG to defend our scoreboard with them for the past 5 years.  If this were a rental, they would be getting reduced rates for how long they have been a tenant in our stadium.  They Ownnnnn us, so please keep your petty comments about what they do know or dont know because you know what they know how to f#&%ing win and we dont.

No they don't. They only know how to beat us. That's not even hard.

He's the one that brought up coaching continuity.. I was just showing we had that too, with actual good coaches. The reason we don't currently have it is because we haven't had good coaches and have not been willing to settle for .600 level records.  

4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I think the main point is..  option #3 is tied to #2. They really aren't seperate.

Because if you replaced the name Frost (and the history behind that name, which is option #3 essentially) with "Coach X" with the same results, nobody would vote to retain him.  But his name is Frost, he is a nice Nebraska boy, and despite the results in the field - a the guy buried this program so far into the trash heap that fans accept the worst recruiting class and what is likely the worst record in modern school history - the majority of fans are willing to retain him.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1