Frost is returning for 2022

knapplc

5 minutes ago, Packerhuskerfan said:

Salary reduced to 4 million a year and only a 7.5 million buyout according to Trev on radio.

This is why only Frost gets another year in this situation when nobody else would. This means something to him and he will try and do whatever it takes to turn this around. 98% of coaches would never agree to that deal. 

• Plus1 2

9 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I am not a fan of reducing his salary unless it was his idea and unless it means that extra million will be used for the staff.

That just seems punitive to me.  

That's just the base salary. It sounds like the flipside is that it's structured to give bigger performance-based bonuses, like for bowls and such.

13 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

There is just too much baggage to bring back Adrian. Frost and his new OC need to bag a transfer QB to start in 2022. 

I gotta believe this has been in the works for at least a few weeks.  I also hope Frost has some idea what he wants to do.

I can see a good cop(Frost) bad cop(Rational new coach) thing going on with the new coaches.  This would involve a transfer and AM being done as a Husker.

This would need to go down pretty quickly though.

6 minutes ago, Farms said:

This is why only Frost gets another year in this situation when nobody else would. This means something to him and he will try and do whatever it takes to turn this around. 98% of coaches would never agree to that deal. 

Ha...so 98% of coaches are smart!

Just now, 84HuskerLaw said:

Wouldnt it be Less than winning?

Maybe, but sadly that was not the title of TO's book.

5 minutes ago, Farms said:

Yeah and frankly Nebraska is kicking the can down the road. Frost is going to be here for another year or two before inevitably getting fired. He's not the guy. 

But Trev doesn't have the stones to fire a guy when half the fan base wants Scott Frost to succeed despite extremely overwhelming evidence that he's in over his head. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 2