Frost is returning for 2022

knapplc

So I’m finding this more strange all the time. What assistants wants to come here for quite possibly only one year?  Will they get contract terms, as far as length,  comparable with Frost’s? 

Is it a timing strategy on Albert’s part-to get Frost out as cheaply as possible?  Or do they   ( Frost /Alberts) have an OC in mind and they had to make a play to seal the deal? 

What are the chances that replacing an entire offensive staff with most likely a QB that’s not even on the team right now, will be successful? 

so many questions. 

58 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

Or develop a backup so he doesn’t have to play hurt. Or develop a run game. Or an offensive line. Or be serviceable on special teams. Anyway i work this I don’t see how Adrian is the cause of any of this. He’s a hero who needed his coach to look out for him.  

I have been a huge Adrian backer, and you are right in that he deserves way too much lame for the ills of Nebraska football. However, I don't see how Frost would turn over nearly his entire offensive staff, including QB coach, and go back to Adrian at QB.  The moves with the assistants done today point to a new direction, including the QB leading the offense. 

1 minute ago, BoNeyard said:

Two Nebraska writers I don’t read, Chatelain and Sherman.

Too bad. They are very good writers. 

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, krc1995 said:

So I’m finding this more strange all the time. What assistants wants to come here for quite possibly only one year?  Will they get contract terms, as far as length,  comparable with Frost’s? 

Is it a timing strategy on Albert’s part-to get Frost out as cheaply as possible?  Or do they   ( Frost /Alberts) have an OC in mind and they had to make a play to seal the deal? 

What are the chances that replacing an entire offensive staff with most likely a QB that’s not even on the team right now, will be successful? 

so many questions. 

The new assistants will get 2 year deals, which is pretty standard in this situation. I think it would be easier for a new coaching staff to work with QBs and other skill players who are new to the program, rather than guys who have been on the team and may be reluctant to new coaches. But, I also think plenty of returning players will embrace the new coaches, as they may not have agreed with how the former coaches did things (RB's and WR's specifically). 

2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I have been a huge Adrian backer, and you are right in that he deserves way too much lame for the ills of Nebraska football. However, I don't see how Frost would turn over nearly his entire offensive staff, including QB coach, and go back to Adrian at QB.  The moves with the assistants done today point to a new direction, including the QB leading the offense. 

Too bad. They are very good writers. 

Meh, I can sense their politics within their writing and tweets. No thanks.

Also Sherman is The Athletic, no reason to pay for any sports coverage when you can go to multiple sites and get the info for free.

3 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

so many questions. 

My speculation is, that some of the pieces are nearly put together. The alternates could surface relatively quick. There's more revenue made available for assistants. 

10 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

so many questions. 

Frost is confident he does what needs to be done to make it through 2022 and likely means Alberts and Frost have talked about what’ll take. Makes me think 6 wins is all that is needed and Frost is confident he can get that.

11 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

Meh, I can sense their politics within their writing and tweets. No thanks.

Also Sherman is The Athletic, no reason to pay for any sports coverage when you can go to multiple sites and get the info for free.

I don't know how they bring their political beliefs into their writing, but oh well.

Also, I read multiple areas of The Athletic, not just the Nebraska coverage. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
24 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

so many questions. 

Solich got Pelini to come.

• Plus1 1
31 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Quotes like what is in this tweet are BS. 

What about this is untrue? If any other coach had his record would they still be here? (The answer is no)

Since the answer is no, what reason is there that Nebraska would keep a coach currently on pace to record the worst season since the 1950s and who's bringing in the worst recruiting class in the B1G and worst class in modern Nebraska history?  (Hint: it's because he played here and fans long for the results he posted as a player)

The rest of his article are full of stats which aren't exactly debatable. 

• Plus1 2

Just now, Dr. Strangelove said:

What about this is untrue? If any other coach had his record would they still be here? (The answer is no)

Since the answer is no, what reason is there that Nebraska would keep a coach currently on pace to record the worst recruiting season since the 1950s and who's bringing in the worst recruiting class in the B1G and worst class in modern Nebraska history?  (Hint: it's because he played here and fans long for the results he posted as a player)

The rest of his article are full of stats which aren't exactly debatable. 

I agree. People just get butthurt when it's an article or Tweet from Dirk. 

TBH, this is the most excited I have been in Husker football in a few years.   Who will we get?  How will we look with the interim staff having two weeks with the team? What if we actually beat Wisky and Iowa with a patchwork staff......Could make for a cinderella story.  And if we lose both?  Most think we will anyway.......

14 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I think Dirk's quote from his article in the Tweet is a fair quote. I didn't say it was BS. 

Ok gotcha. Wasn’t exactly sure that you believed that or not. 

If people do believe it’s a TO deal, then that’s silly. I haven’t heard that from anyone though. Not even here, but maybe I’m not following close enough. 

edit: clarified a little

• Plus1 2