Frost is returning for 2022

knapplc

22 minutes ago, hunter49 said:

so what the hell did we accomplish by keeping Frost?  save money?

i mean really, Chinader is the only guy worth anything.

the offense is the whole problem, ie. SF!

I'd argue our entire defensive staff has developed players and seems to do pretty darn good in general. I expect Chins to be a million-dollar coordinator next season. 

• Plus1 6

48 minutes ago, Torgan said:

I'll wait to see what assistants they can bring in.  Sadly however, I think they are just delaying the inevitable, and trying to save a few bucks in the process.  How many coaches have ever had 4 losing seasons and then succeeded in their 5th?

it's not impossible just because it doesn't happen very often.  Also most situation probably aren't the same as Nebraska's.  Those other coaches probably don't have the support of Coach Frost and are probably doomed in their 5th year and everyone knows they are gone no matter what.  If Nebraska gets7 wins next year Frost gets another year and  I could see Frost turning it around for the future.  If not he's obviously gone so...

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Torgan said:

I'll wait to see what assistants they can bring in.  Sadly however, I think they are just delaying the inevitable, and trying to save a few bucks in the process.  How many coaches have ever had 4 losing seasons and then succeeded in their 5th?

Schiano at Rutgers and Cutcliffe at Duke.......Schiano sustained 8-9 win seasons.....Cutcliffe, not so much.  These are the only2 I can remember.

1 hour ago, Torgan said:

42 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

it's not impossible just because it doesn't happen very often.  Also most situation probably aren't the same as Nebraska's.  Those other coaches probably don't have the support of Coach Frost and are probably doomed in their 5th year and everyone knows they are gone no matter what.  If Nebraska gets7 wins next year Frost gets another year and  I could see Frost turning it around for the future.  If not he's obviously gone so...

Screenshot_20211108-184744_Firefox.thumb.jpg.20323323e36f048f6b496b05fe439785.jpg

9 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

What about this is untrue? If any other coach had his record would they still be here? (The answer is no)

Since the answer is no, what reason is there that Nebraska would keep a coach currently on pace to record the worst season since the 1950s and who's bringing in the worst recruiting class in the B1G and worst class in modern Nebraska history?  (Hint: it's because he played here and fans long for the results he posted as a player)

The rest of his article are full of stats which aren't exactly debatable. 

The quote is BS because it implies that there is a significant number of fans that are perfectly fine with losing because they are happy Frost is our coach and they don't want another coach, even though they know that coach will win more.

That's just wrong. Fans want to win.  Frost is still here and people are supporting him because they believe he can still be the HC that wins a lot more with the changes that he is making.

That's a significant difference.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I'd argue our entire defensive staff has developed players and seems to do pretty darn good in general. I expect Chins to be a million-dollar coordinator next season. 

And for our Defensive staff to be getting generous raises as well to stay on. 

30 minutes ago, Courtesy Flush said:

Flushtradamus prediction - Huskers beat Wisconsin and Iowa to finish 5-7. They get a bowl game offer and take it. They beat their opponent in the bowl game by 30. 

I don't think our academic score is high enough to be towards the top of the 5-7 bowl list, last time I checked. 

14 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

That settles it. Guy named CyHawk is bent out of shape over the move. Must’ve been the right thing to do.

Not quite. Firing Assistant Coaches is purely a band aide. Does anybody really believe that they were calling the shots and not Frost? If so, Frost is a worse head coach than thought. Not a good leader at all.

was it the assistants that passed on the bowl game and made the decision to break ncaa rules?

• Plus1 1

I wanted Frost fired after his Purdue press conference.

But that's me chiming in from my laptop.

If I'm Trev Alberts, this is the best decision and the right timing to keep the program moving forward. 

Near as I can tell, no one is under any illusions. Scott Frost is humbled to the point of a renegotiated contract at the University's benefit. The new blood will come through the coaching staff and the player portal, the returning players appear to have Scott's back and now have to prove it, and Alberts gets to entertain all available options while Frost coaches for his life in 2022. 

Could be interesting. I'll be watching as I do every year. 

• Plus1 3
  • Oh Yeah! 2