Sipple - Frost to make “multiple changes” on his offensive staff…

I get it but this doesn't sit well with me.  Frost saved his bacon by canning his friends.  Don't get me wrong, I would do the same freaking thing if I wanted to keep my gig.

Mario is older and made a ton the last 4 years.  Dude will retire, I could see him doing some radio work in the state.

Is Austin the OL coach?  If so, he is gone for sure, even if he is actually good, he will be gone for sure.

Will not be 100% shocked if Chin looks to leave.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, captain_sasquatch said:

I think it's clear we need a strong reboot on the offensive side of the ball. I don't doubt we have the coffers to attract top ~15 candidates. Curious who they may be going after. Time will tell I suppose.

I know of a guy....

C-Dwl7IWAAAbKMA.jpg

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I get it but this doesn't sit well with me.  Frost saved his bacon by canning his friends.

It's not personal, and coaches at that level know that. Your friend firing you for not doing your job is a better scenario than your friend getting fired because you couldn't do your job. 

My guess is SF takes over QB’s, Lubick stays as OC and WR’s coach, Beckton stays at TE’s. Held, Austin and Mario are gone.

I wouldn’t be shocked to see Ron Brown come on board as the RB coach. Promote Bill Busch to ST coordinator. That leaves OL as the last and probably most critical hire. 

Just now, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

yes I forgot about him but Ramir has played pretty well considering.  Plus I feel like Held is probably Frost closest buddy on the staff so if he can find a way to save him he will.

I have no idea which coaches are being retained or not - just pointing out that there's one more offensive coach.

2 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

It's not personal, and coaches at that level know that. Your friend firing you for not doing your job is a better scenario than your friend getting fired because you couldn't do your job. 

Yeah, I get that.  But Frost is the one who hired them, it was his "bad judgement" too.

Also, I use a few Moneyball clips in a class I teach!

• presidentjlh changed the title to House Cleaning: Offensive Staff Canned