Sipple - Frost to make “multiple changes” on his offensive staff…

3 minutes ago, Fru said:

I wouldn’t be shocked to see Ron Brown come on board as the RB coach. Promote Bill Busch to ST coordinator. That leaves OL as the last and probably most critical hire. 

This is all certainly possible, but if we are just going to promote guys who are already here, that doesn't feel like a strong change. What's the point of retaining Frost for another year if he's not going to swing for the fences and actually try something new?

Not to mention Ron Brown is a PR liability.

• Plus1 3
2 minutes ago, Ulty said:

This is all certainly possible, but if we are just going to promote guys who are already here, that doesn't feel like a strong change. What's the point of retaining Frost for another year if he's not going to swing for the fences and actually try something new?

If they were concerned with Ron Brown and PR liability he wouldnt be employed currently by the university. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Verduzco is the obvious dead man walking. 

Austin has got to be sweating bullets right now. 

There is no way Austin returns next season.

If ever there was a time where Frost wanted to do a complete overhaul to his offensive scheme, this would be the offseason to do it.

13 minutes ago, Ulty said:

Yeah I agree on all those points, I’m not saying that’s what I want, I could just see a scenario like that playing out. 

I could see promoting internal guys partially for continuity sake, and partially as a result of maybe not being able to get top guys. Folks have already mentioned that the prospect of joining a seemingly sinking ship doesn’t sound too attractive. Ultimately though I think money talks. 

I think Beckton is the only one that is for sure retained. Wouldn't be surprised if the rest of the offensive staff is let go. Currently on the fence with Held and Lubick. Austin and Verduzco are as good as gone. Honestly I'd like to see him bring in a new OC and handover play calling duties, but we all know that won't happen.

• presidentjlh changed the title to House Cleaning: Offensive Staff Canned