Sipple - Frost to make “multiple changes” on his offensive staff…

2 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

GOOD LORD STOP HIRING GUYS TO LEARN ON THE JOB. THIS SHOULDN'T BE A TRAINING GROUND PROGRAM.

I feel like I want to bang my head into the wall about a thousand times reading this tweet. Hire real coaches. Stop thinking only Nebraska guys can coach here.

we could do a lot worse than Peetz and Dailey fwiw. Both are P5 coaches, Dailey at Boston College as WR Coach and Peetz as the OC at LSU and a decade of coaching experience in the NFL notably as a QB Coach. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

2 minutes ago, Dansker said:

I think coach Austin is as good as gone. Held will be promoted to co-oc as run game coordinator with Lubick passing coordinator because Held is probably our best recruiter. I think Verduzco is going to retire. Think we need another dedicated RB coach though. Obviously a ST coordinator should be hired immediately. And we need to find the absolute best OL recruiter and coach we can find.

If we have to bring back Bill Callahan and pay him $1.5 mil a year so be it!

… Just kidding.

hey so we fired all of our offensive staff but Beckton...its all over the news and social media 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
2 minutes ago, Dansker said:

I think coach Austin is as good as gone. Held will be promoted to co-oc as run game coordinator with Lubick passing coordinator because Held is probably our best recruiter. I think Verduzco is going to retire. Think we need another dedicated RB coach though. Obviously a ST coordinator should be hired immediately. And we need to find the absolute best OL recruiter and coach we can find.

If we have to bring back Bill Callahan and pay him $1.5 mil a year so be it!

… Just kidding.

I think you may be behind the news

• Haha 1

My biggest questions with this new offensive coaching staff are:

1) Will Frost hire a true OC and let that coach run the offense, meaning Frost becomes a more, CEO-type head coach?

2) Will they be able to structure the staff and position groups to enable a dedicated Special Teams coach?  For example, will Beckton take on the WR coaching role, and have the Tight Ends go with the WR's for some practice time and the O-line with other practice time.

3) Will fans accept assistant coaches who don't have Nebraska ties (I sure hope so)?

4 minutes ago, The Duke said:

Trying to imagine what Nebraska's offense might look like next year if they commit to a power running game.

Can you imagine Yant in THAT kind of offense?!? 

Deal!

But we've got to have one designated guy on offense who can check before every play and make sure his shoelaces aren't tied together.

• Oh Yeah! 1
27 minutes ago, Axl_sued_me said:

BRING KEITH WILLIAMS BACK!!!!

Dear god, why?!?

16 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Heard it here first- Tim Beck OC :dumdum

I mean, he's currently OC for a top 20 team, why would he come to a 3-win program? :dumdum

• Plus1 2

Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

My biggest questions with this new offensive coaching staff are:

1) Will Frost hire a true OC and let that coach run the offense, meaning Frost becomes a more, CEO-type head coach?  No, he will recruit from within the credit union community again for this position.  QB's can be replaced, but a good loan officer can last a lifetime.

2) Will they be able to structure the staff and position groups to enable a dedicated Special Teams coach?  For example, will Beckton take on the WR coaching role, and have the Tight Ends go with the WR's for some practice time and the O-line with other practice time.  Again, the answer is no.  In fact, the Head Coach is not even sure what those guys (on special teams) do.  His apathy towards special teams is legendary.  

3) Will fans accept assistant coaches who don't have Nebraska ties (I sure hope so)?

Yes, but will it matter.  The stage is set for a November, 2022 transition.  The real story today is the re-negotiated buyout.  Everyone knows how this story will end and NU just wanted to limit how much they would owe in the final chapter.