Sipple - Frost to make “multiple changes” on his offensive staff…

We all know that this was coming.  Either Frost was going, or his staff was changing.  Regardless.  Forget Tom Herman.  We need something fresh or completely old school.  Tom Herman can't recruit in the state of Texas now.  Thats a big negative.  I look for us to grab someone with Texas ties on the recruiting level at an assistant position coach.  With TCU, Texas Tech hiring new staffs, there are going to be plenty of coaches with ties to that base for recruiting.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

We will lose some players, we do each season no matter who stays or goes on the staff.  I expect some roster turnaround.  The key is getting the next staff members who might or might not have some ties to recruits elsewhere.  Thats how this game is played now.  If we can get guys from USC or LSU with some huge recruiting ties, you never know!

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Lubick surprised me, but the WR development and not getting the skilled players ready to play fall on his clock.

I think we may be hearing some interesting quotes coming out of some of The Departed. I would personally love to know how much of this year's play-calling was Lubick and how much was Scott Frost and how much was a tug-of-war between them. I sort of got the impression that Lubick was not making the calls and if he was there might have been some consistency. Frost's playcalling and clock management has been a mess long before Lubick got here.

EDIT: Time to go Avatar shopping!

• Oh Yeah! 1
1 hour ago, The Maudfather said:

It's going to be extremely interesting to see who fills these spots in the coming months. I hope that Frost is able to bring in an actual OC that will call the plays, moving forward. 

I hope Nebraska doesn't take this opportunity to skimp out either. Open up the checkbook and hire some quality coaches that can recruit at a high level. 

Chip Kelly may be available. LOL

I wonder if Trev had any "suggestions" on AM coming back for Year 5.

I don’t really see any difference in the number of guys transferring compared to previous seasons if Frost is staying. Way easier for him to connect with his current players and talk to them then if we had a new coach and new staff coming in.

Frost can take a moment to talk with his team and talk to them about the unfortunate harsh realities of the job and what happens when there isn’t winning and units aren’t performing to expectations. This hurt? Going to miss him? Well do your job better and we all stay. It’s a chance for Frost to spin this in a teaching moment and a positive way for everyone to come together and fight through this together. The whole thing has been torn down and they’re the only ones left standing or some other rah-rah speech, they’re capable of giving them we hear them after every loss on Saturday.

• Plus1 1

I am really skeptical about this whole thing right now.  Will quality assistants/coordinators even think about coming here if Frosty has a chance of getting the ax next season?  The first thing I am doing before I take this job is calling those who were axed and getting feedback.  Might find out its just a mirage and things won't improve no matter how many coaches leave and come into the program.

• Fire 1
3 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

I am really skeptical about this whole thing right now.  Will quality assistants/coordinators even think about coming here if Frosty has a chance of getting the ax next season?  The first thing I am doing before I take this job is calling those who were axed and getting feedback.  Might find out its just a mirage and things won't improve no matter how many coaches leave and come into the program.

Very fair questions and that’s what Frost and Alberts will have to navigate. But ultimately, money talks and assistants get minimum 2 year guaranteed contracts. I also think a big name OC would view it as a spot where he could get promoted to HC if things go south.

Plus, we weren’t good this year and any new assistant will be able to land on their feet by simply throwing us under the bus lol. Would be much more concerned if we had to make changes on defense, where there’s at least a chance we take a step backwards there next year and make an assistant look worse just from that.