Sipple - Frost to make “multiple changes” on his offensive staff…

I would love Paul Johnson as OC.  On a serious note I am sure Dr. Tom and Frosty have talked and I am sure Trev has spoken to him as well.  I am guessing that things were seen through out this season that none of them liked on offense.  Dr Tom surely has offered some mentoring on the offensive side. 

Here is the thing:  We have enough talent and are good enough right now if we would have just run the ball we would have won at least 3 more games at this point right now.  Skill vs Culture  Great quote that has stuck with me since it was said.

Its very true

7 minutes ago, Gorillahawk said:

What is a reasonable timeframe for the search and hiring of the mew staff members? I’d think if they can make legitimately high quality hires soon then they can gain some momentum recruiting. The longer the way the more recruiting potentially suffers

2-3 weeks, possibly sooner than that. It won't take as long as one might think.

5 minutes ago, Husker1994 said:

FWIW, Sipple said part of the plan is to have Frost (finally) step into CEO role and fully give up play calling. 

Another quote from Sipple:

“They are going to start from scratch on offense and it’s not going to look like the Scott Frost/Chip Kelly offense.”

In 4 years I never saw Scott Frost UCF offense or Chip Kelly’s Oregon offense. I was waiting to see it, never saw it. What we witnessed the last 4 years was not any of those offenses.

• Plus1 5

6 minutes ago, Husker1994 said:

FWIW, Sipple said part of the plan is to have Frost (finally) step into CEO role and fully give up play calling. 

“They are going to start from scratch on offense and it’s not going to look like the Scott Frost/Chip Kelly offense.”

If both points are true that is very good news. Maybe now we see the power run game to match up wt our defense 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

The only part I like about the move is Frost fired his friends with two games left in the season.   That's savage af, as the kids say.

Is he actually being forced to hand the keys of the offense over to someone else or is it just going to be Frost's offense with different assistants?

Could work.  Could be Diaco 2: Electric Boogaloo. 

Frost is deserving of a lot of credit for his willingness. From the Big 10 adjusting to us to, us adjusting. It simply wasn't working well enough. This takes some pressure off the team so they can better focus instead of being distracted. It sends a message to recruits. Where others have failed here much due to their reluctance, Scott is demonstrating some flexibility. With every challenge, there's opportunity! 

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Husker1994 said:

I know part of the reason for firing the current staff was to help with recruiting, but shouldn't we know what kind of offense we run before we target recruits or before a recruit would want to commit to Nebraska?  I would assume Frost may have somebody lined up with an announcement sooner than later to address this.

• Fire 1