Sipple - Frost to make “multiple changes” on his offensive staff…

52 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

An occasional option play was cute for awhile. I don’t think it would be successful as a base option. 

Putting a big blocking back on the field and using Johnson, Betts, Falck, Whoever in a pro set, in motion, or as a flanker would work in the Big Ten. It would at minimum give our QB more protection from our leaky line and would be a fullback threat up the middle.... instead of beating the hell out of Johnson.

2 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

Coach O for OLine? Somewhat a serious question here. Maybe it looks bad to hire him with all the potential baggage he may have left in Baton Rouge, but he’d be a guy I could see coming to a potential one and done situation.

He’s never coached offense. All Dline and DC background. So NO.

• Plus1 2
28 minutes ago, Husker1994 said:

FWIW, Sipple said part of the plan is to have Frost (finally) step into CEO role and fully give up play calling. 

Another quote from Sipple:

“They are going to start from scratch on offense and it’s not going to look like the Scott Frost/Chip Kelly offense.”

Music to my ears:hellloooo

• Fire 1

5 hours ago, VectorVictor said:

So…does he clean house? Or is it just Verduzco and the other usual suspects that are gone? 

This is what a lot of people that wanted Frost fired wanted to see happen but they wouldn't. I actually am all with him getting a couple years if they make some real changes of the Offensive side

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I think hiring the Army OC to run a triple-option offense would be a terrible idea. 

It may not need to fully duplicate the triple option that Army runs, but I am curious why you feel running more option would be a bad idea.  It seems to me some of the brightest moments we had on offense this season were when we had Martinez execution the option.

• Plus1 1
Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

I think hiring the Army OC to run a triple-option offense would be a terrible idea. 

No kidding!

If this were the case, Alberts should have just fired Frost today.  I wouldn’t even want to imagine how ugly next year would be with a lot of the same players in a new system like that.  Frost wouldn’t make it to the conference games without getting run out of town!

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

I wonder how long this has been in the works, I mean I can't believe firing 4 of your guys is taken lightly no matter what the record has been. So that A: tells me that they have been working on this for a while and believe they have some serious upgrades in the bag and B: That Frost is going to have to 180 everything that he has done for the last 6 years as head coach, which is also not taken lightly and tells me that Trev is committed to making this thing work so BIG TIME COACHES are coming to Lincoln. 

should be fun.  Maybe we steal O'Brien or land Herman. maybe pete carrol comes in as oc  or maybe all 3 oh look at me I am getting a giddy. 

• Haha 2