Sipple - Frost to make “multiple changes” on his offensive staff…

15 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I'm not worried about "who would want to come to a struggling program." Some assistants may not want to, but last time we were in this situation we got Bo Pelini, and he had an immediate turnaround for Solich's defense. 

Imagine if the defensive staff stays intact, and next year's defense is only slightly less good than this year. But at the same time we get an impact OC coach and the offense ramps up.

Ten wins, with that schedule, isn't out of the realm of possibilities in that scenario. 

Feel him being allowed a 5th season the benchmark should be 9-10 wins. Overall I'm most concerned with retaining Fisher and maybe Tuioti. I do think they'll land an impact portal transfer or two on defense that hopefully will help with the pass rush.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

This is what I don’t understand. When someone brings in a coach, the usual thought is that they like his ideas on offense and defense and that the coach will hire assistants to implement that vision. If it works, and the OC or DC leave , it’s not a big deal since the offense and defense belong to the head coach. Scott’s defense is to let Chins run it. The offense, which was his specialty (from the Chip Kelly tree) is gone. A completely new offense will be run according to someone else’s vision. So say we land the perfect OC and to go along with Chins at DC and Rocket to the front of the class in the Big 10 only to have both OC and DC leave for other opportunities. Are we then starting from scratch? What is Scott’s role now? Is he becoming an expert on the new offense and on the defense we have at current so he can find replacements later? Quite frankly, what his role in years past as Walters and then Lubik were the real offensive brain trusts and not Scott? This is what causes people to believe that keeping Scott was a mistake. He doesn’t have a plan save for cutting the throats of assistant coaches to buy time for himself. 

10 minutes ago, tmfr15 said:

So say we land the perfect OC and to go along with Chins at DC and Rocket to the front of the class in the Big 10 only to have both OC and DC leave for other opportunities. Are we then starting from scratch? What is Scott’s role now? Is he becoming an expert on the new offense and on the defense we have at current so he can find replacements later?

Saban replaces his OC & DC like every other year. Doesn't seem to be a problem for him. I remember an interview where he was asked what impressed him most about Bear Bryant. His answer was that he was impressed with all the different ways Bryant won championships - sometimes it was a dominating defense, sometimes it was offense, and all the different schemes and philosophies he employed over the years. Saban isn't afraid to bring in a coordinator who will teach him something new, in fact he seems to embrace it.

• Plus1 2
Just now, JoeHuskers! said:

Ron Brown makes the most sense at RB coach. He is experienced and proven. Every position he has coached has excelled

Wasnt Beck the RB Coach that recruited Abdullah etc? Then Brown took over. I remember having a discussion about how his strong christian beliefs and Ameers beliefs would actually work because they were both very spiritual. 

42 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I remember having a discussion about how his strong christian beliefs and Ameers beliefs would actually work because they were both very spiritual. 

They worked really well together. 

https://omaha.com/sports/college/huskers/teams/football/how-ameer-abdullah-and-ron-brown-developed-a-relationship-and-cut-across-the-boundary-of/article_fca850b8-a0f9-5fc2-9865-27c933cf3441.html