Sipple - Frost to make “multiple changes” on his offensive staff…

5 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Special Teams Coordinator - Bill Busch

Offensive Coordinator/Wide Receivers - Mark Helfrich OR Mickey Joseph OR Brian Hartline 

Running Back - Ron Brown OR Marquel Blackwell OR Kevin Faulk OR Ra’Shaad Samples

Offensive Line - Frank Verducci OR Sam Gregg OR Donovan Raiola (current Bears OL assistant) 

Hartline isn’t leaving OSU. Ever. Said so himself last week: https://www.si.com/college/ohiostate/football/ohio-state-football-wide-receivers-coach-brian-hartline-home-no-coaching-aspirations-beyond-buckeyes

As I posted above, Samples should be choice 1a, 1b, 1c for the RB job. Elite recruiter, worked with multiple high level players at UH under Herman, Texas under Herman, and now killing it at SMU. Would be a total home run

Donovan Raiola would be a fantastic get. Played OL at Wisconsin, former team captain, NFL background, from and has connections to Hawaii, related to a former Husker who’s son just so happens to be an elite level QB prospect in two years- plus a good background in player development:

Raiola spent the 2017 season as the offensive line coach at Auora (Ill.). Prior to that, he spent two seasons as an offensive graduate assistant at Notre Dame (2015-16), assisting offensive line coach Harry Hiestand with the development of current NFL players Ronnie Stanley (Ravens), Nick Martin (Raiders), Quenton Nelson (Colts), Mike McGlinchey (49ers) and current Bears Sam Mustipher and Alex Bars. Raiola also spent the 2014 season as an intern with the University of Hawai'i football program, where he worked with the offensive line.

• Plus1 2

3 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Special Teams Coordinator - Bill Busch

Offensive Coordinator/Wide Receivers - Mark Helfrich OR Mickey Joseph OR Brian Hartline 

Running Back - Ra’Shaad Samples OR Marquel Blackwell OR Kevin Faulk OR Ron Brown

Offensive Line - Frank Verducci OR Sam Gregg OR Donovan Raiola (current Bears OL assistant) 

CB2's List:

Special Teams Coordinator:  Bill Busch 

Tight End:  Sean Beckton

Offensive Coordinator/Offensive Line:  Doug Marrone  

Then let Marrone fill out the rest of offensive staff with the guys he trusts.....with the caveat they must be exception recruiters.

Nuts to all this small school or unknown diamonds in the rough. Hire a proven coach. I don't want to sneak up on anyone I want to kick the front door in and say stop me from raiding your fridge. I want the defense to know that Nebraska is running the ball and there is nothing they can do about it. 

A lot of Mike Tyson references this last Saturday,  my take on Iron Mike is this. Mike is going to enter the ring and hit you as hard as he can, and you are just going to have to deal with that. That is how I want Nebraska to play. We are going to come in and kick your butt and you are just going to have to deal with it. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1
3 minutes ago, RichardHangslow said:

Nuts to all this small school or unknown diamonds in the rough. Hire a proven coach. I don't want to sneak up on anyone I want to kick the front door in and say stop me from raiding your fridge. I want the defense to know that Nebraska is running the ball and there is nothing they can do about it. 

Agreed. You don’t take a pay cut and axe half your staff to hire up and comers who are going to learn on the job. You do what you can to go get established coaches. 

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

The toughest part of all this is that everyone knows next year is make or break. A lot of coaches don't want to touch the situation we are in 

Yeah I expect Nebraska will have to overpay (which is fine it ain't my money) and attach some contract sweeteners to entice folks to roll the dice with Frost. 

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Yeah guys with good options aren't taking this job. People are already set up for massive disappointment with the names I'm reading. 

Helfrich maybe not so much, but Herman, with no loyalty to Frost might look at it as win/win. Success means he's back in the running for HC jobs, failure can be placed at the feet of Frost, he is likely named interim in the event Frost is canned and has an inside track to Frost's job. 

• Plus1 1

13 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

The toughest part of all this is that everyone knows next year is make or break. A lot of coaches don't want to touch the situation we are in 

The bigger names that want bigger money to come into a low-risk, low-expectation fire sale may not be the most motivated guys in the world. 

I want the hungry young guy who is itching to call his own shots and considers Nebraska a spotlight. Other coaches know exactly who those guys are --- every great head coach used to be one of them.

I think the young more-to-prove guys stand the same chance as the tired retreads who plan to punch the clock for a season. 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
9 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Helfrich maybe not so much, but Herman, with no loyalty to Frost might look at it as win/win. Success means he's back in the running for HC jobs, failure can be placed at the feet of Frost, he is likely named interim in the event Frost is canned and has an inside track to Frost's job. 

Herman will have group of 5 HC offers where he will make 2 mil+, be his own boss, and have way more than 1 year to show success. Hell he might have P5 HC offers. 

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Seems to me if Frost fails, it is due to his new offence and those coaches failing.  But who knows, maybe next year the Offense purrs while the D sputters - which has been a Nebraska trend over the last 20 years - we can't seem to get the O and the D to play at a high level during the same year consistently. 

• Plus1 1
25 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I like the Oregon style offense. It's a helluva lot of fun and has often worked great for Nebraska until they get to the Red Zone or have to play from behind or freak out in the fourth quarter. That's not necessarily on the style of offense but the choice of play calls. 

As trendy as it was 10 years ago I think it is now outdated. Teams caught up to it and not many teams do it anymore, I can't think of many teams that go blazing speed tempo anymore. When Nebraska tries it we just become the quickest 3 and out team in the country. At the same time I don't get how we haven't seen this style of offense even show itself for a moment here. Maybe the NW game this year? But there has never been a steady rhythm of that offense here even though we've had the playmakers to do it. I remember watching those Oregon teams or UCF teams and a simple wheel route would have a guy wide up for a 40 yard touchdown. A little dump off to the sideline would have the RB or WR turning it up field for 30 yards, the offense would line up within 9 seconds and run the same play and he was off to the end zone.

Can't tell me we didn't have the horses for that offense with guys like W. Robinson, Martinez, and other athletes. That style of play is to try and give you the best advantage of winning games that you may not be able to win going straight up against the other team. It took your weaknesses, maybe within the offensive line, and for the most part gave you a fighters chance. 

I've been waiting for these type of plays, this type of offense with Frost because it looked so simple, so easy, yet so effective at Oregon and UCF, but it's never happened here.