Sipple - Frost to make “multiple changes” on his offensive staff…

26 minutes ago, lo country said:

He is in and "from" SEC country.  His OC Rob Sale (doesn't call plays) played at Georgia as an OL....Knows the SEC as well.  Unsure how you could judge his success as Napier calls the plays.

Chadwell might also bite at a chance to prove his O can go against the big boys.....IIRC he's had 4 or 6 AA while at Coastal.....

Save the talk of legitimate / serious coaching hires until after the separation next November.  Let's be honest, this was a stay of execution today, not an effort at rehabilitation.  Trev is very artfully and diplomatically navigating his way through a shark tank right now.  He could not sack the current beloved Head Coach (sentimentally) 3 months into his tenure, otherwise it might be his head.  

I give him credit for being tactful, and strategic.  He is telling himself, one more year...

• Haha 1

I'm happy Frost is coming back because I want soooo badly for him to be successful here! We all love this program, he loves this program, the emotion and desire is there with a deep rooted connection to this program. Now the delivery has to be there, the rubber is meeting the road so to speak, it's put up or shut up time! Bravo on firing those offensive coaches Frost! Now go find much better Assistants and a Coordinator and while you're at it find a ST coach! 

14 minutes ago, All Hail Herbie said:

Save the talk of legitimate / serious coaching hires until after the separation next November.  Let's be honest, this was a stay of execution today, not an effort at rehabilitation.  Trev is very artfully and diplomatically navigating his way through a shark tank right now.  He could not sack the current beloved Head Coach (sentimentally) 3 months into his tenure, otherwise it might be his head.  

I give him credit for being tactful, and strategic.  He is telling himself, one more year...

Crazy thing is if Frost pulls off the impossible and goes 7-5/8-4 next year.  Maybe a bowl win....how do fire that guy......On the surface, based on who we beat this year, next year could just as easily be a 4-8/5-7 year.  Gotta earn it before I will look at Purdue and Minnie and say "teams we should beat"....We are 1-3 against both.  

I don't think Trev is willfully allowing the program to dive deeper into irrelevance to save money.  I think he did this in an attempt to prove the doubters wrong and give Frost a lifeline and chance at redemption.  It wasn't to kick he can down the road to make firing easier next year.

• Plus1 2