Sipple - Frost to make “multiple changes” on his offensive staff…

7 hours ago, Husker1994 said:

It was mentioned somewhere that Frost brought up the idea of wholesale changes after the MN game. 

Sipple also mentioned tonight that he knows for a fact that there have been some intro level talks with Jake Peetz at LSU and a mention of Mickey Joseph. 

Not opposed to Beckton taking WR but would like to see the plans for the OC (and their accompanied position specialty) before committing to a WR-Only coach like Joseph. 

Would prefer 

OC / QB

RB

WR/TE (Beckton)

OL

ST Coordinator 

Jake Peetz? That LSU offense isn't exactly humming. I'd hope Frost looks elsewhere for an answer at OC.

• Plus1 2

Coastal Carolina has a top 10 rushing offense.....with a foundation in triple spread option....rumor has it that Frost and Chadwell are actually friends. Frosts new option wrinkles are actually from the holy grail of Chadwell spread triple option. 

2 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Jake Peetz? That LSU offense isn't exactly humming. I'd hope Frost looks elsewhere for an answer at OC.

I hope he doubles Jamey Chadwell's salary at Coastal to be his OC....just sayin ha 

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Coastal Carolina has a top 10 rushing offense.....with a foundation in triple spread option....rumor has it that Frost and Chadwell are actually friends. Frosts new option wrinkles are actually from the holy grail of Chadwell spread triple option. 

I hope he doubles Jamey Chadwell's salary at Coastal to be his OC....just sayin ha 

I liked Chadwell as a potential replacement if they moved on from Frost.... I imagine he's not interested in being an OC for a struggling program.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I liked Chadwell as a potential replacement if they moved on from Frost.... I imagine he's not interested in being an OC for a struggling program.

One can dream ha. I actually wonder if Frost is going to piece the staff together or if something is already in the works where Frost is brining in an OC who has a list of quality assistants to add. 

3 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

One can dream ha. I actually wonder if Frost is going to piece the staff together or if something is already in the works where Frost is brining in an OC who has a list of quality assistants to add. 

It's going to be interesting. I'd imagine it will be a few weeks before we hear much on it.

I keep seeing people say "who would want to come here for a year?"  Probably a guy looking to move up that's who.  Statistically Nebraska has one of the best offenses in the BIG.  That even with being undisciplined and having two tackles who couldn't block the sun with spf 100 on a cloudy day.  So if someone comes in and the offense stays the same or gets mildly better but results in more wins you are basically writing your ticket no?

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

How many years of coaching experience does Ahman have? If we are going to go this route we might as well just hire all former players from the 90s and go out in a blaze of has been glory. 

Thought I read somewhere he had a few years coaching football and video games.  Bringing him in as a position coach for a position he excelled at in college and in the NFL is ok with me.  I'm sure he knows a bunch of drills and how to prepare for games.  I know great players don't always make great coaches but I think RB is probably the easiest to coach.

I'm not worried about "who would want to come to a struggling program." Some assistants may not want to, but last time we were in this situation we got Bo Pelini, and he had an immediate turnaround for Solich's defense. 

Imagine if the defensive staff stays intact, and next year's defense is only slightly less good than this year. But at the same time we get an impact OC coach and the offense ramps up.

Ten wins, with that schedule, isn't out of the realm of possibilities in that scenario. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
2 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I would rather hire a guy that has coached at the P5 level and has had success developing RBs already. I don't care if he has connections to NU or not. Just give me an experienced staff. 

agreed.  I'm just saying if you are going to hire someone who is getting his feet wet that would be a position to do it with.  Not sure who you are going to lure away who is a proven RB coach tho.  Especially if you don't get a top notch O-line coach.  

• Plus1 1