Sipple - Frost to make “multiple changes” on his offensive staff…

14 hours ago, Gorillahawk said:

The triple offense wouldn’t work. Especially teams with speed on defense. The BIG is too good of a conference for that to have any sustained success 

How do you know? Why wouldn't it work? We literally ran several triple option plays against Ohio State, and they all worked pretty well.

12 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

If anyone is bored take 12 minutes to listen to Rick Kaczenski trash Frost and Alberts on theticket93.7 this morning on The break. It is on Spotify. lol 

I was listening to that for a while but I couldn't take it anymore. It was almost like giving some deranged Twitter user/HB member a microphone 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Seems to me if Frost fails, it is due to his new offence and those coaches failing.  But who knows, maybe next year the Offense purrs while the D sputters - which has been a Nebraska trend over the last 20 years - we can't seem to get the O and the D to play at a high level during the same year consistently. 

It's gonna be curious to see who his QB is.  He is the one stuck on AM.  Will he allow another to take his guys spot?  I don't personally see Smothers as the answer ... and the line is still a D+ or C- at best to me, so at present, Frost does not have a starting QB, nor an offensive coaching staff.  So, it is quite a build to occur.  Better give it a special code name and work extra hard to get to 9-3 or 10-2.  The games are more than winnable and it's the season to make or break.

2 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

How do you know? Why wouldn't it work? We literally ran several triple option plays against Ohio State, and they all worked pretty well.

Because it quit working for Solich and that is why we are where we are today. It a fun, albeit dangerous wrinkle, but there is a reason that no P5 contenders run it, and that reason is not that it is unstoppable. 

4 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

Basing the entire offense around the option is suicide in the Big Ten.  The defenses are too big and too fast, and the coaches are too smart.  It may work for a random play here or there, but not the basis of the offense.  Option plays are a good change-up, but you can't throw 85 mph fast balls and win.  You will never change my mind on this.

• Plus1 6
7 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

If you have an OL that can block for smash mouth football ... then yes, it can work when you want to run it.  

That is the problem, we can't block to open up those holes when needed ... and we don't have an OT's who can protect any sort of passer to get the necessary time to take in the open reads and deliver.  You have to have those two things established or be able to do ... for there to be consistent effectiveness in the B1G.  The "finesse" stuff does not and will not work in the B1G.  

It makes me think of the offense like what Frost ran for UCF against Auburn.  You can't take on teams like Auburn and be really successful again and again running "finesse" systems.  You can win a game if you have a really sharp offense with a talented QB and the like, sure.  But "fluff" doesn't stand up against stronger, faster defenses who have the DL to win the line of scrimmage.

If the past four years have taught Scott anything, it's that he had no clue to the depth of the OL and DL build that was upon him.  In fact, he was actually a few years late to the dance as he needed more OL help than he imagined, put his eggs in to few baskets and then didn't develop them.  This is why we can't been the bottom dwellers.  Their lines are better and stronger and they don't have our mistakes and special teams.

• Fire 1