Year 5 Expectations

With the news that Frost is returning, I am hoping that Trev sets some expectations for Frost and the team.  I know he has not met expectations for many fans but I am curious what your expectations are for the team in Year 5.  With the easiest schedule we have had in a decade, here are my expectations:

• Win a minimum of 8 games
  • Finish in the top 3 of the division
  • Noticeable improvement in consistency of offense and special teams
  • Maintain defensive performance we saw this season

I am hoping that Trev will set similar expectations as the runway he is giving Frost may be long but it should not be never ending.  I also do not want any excuses that its going to take more time due to new staff members.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

I don’t know, but I’m going to be pissed if a revamping of the coaching staff brings in a 10 win season only to see the HC to be fired again. 

The move needs to either be to fire everyone this year, or give them more time after seeing that kind of record turn around. 

I agree that there can be no excuses next year that it was a transition year due to new staff members.  It's time to see results in the win column.

• Plus1 1

18 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

Pretend that you had 6-7 wins in 2021 and then expect improvement from there. 

If we go 6-6 in year 5 against next year's schedule that's beyond unacceptable.

But for the Frost loyalists that is far too much to expect.  Keep in mind, we have a new offensive coordinator and scheme now.  That should require at least 3 years of runway....

Joking aside, the buyout was just negotiated down as a sacrifice for continued failure.  The dye has been cast and we know what is coming in November, 2022...

• Haha 1
20 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

As a fan I want 8 wins. But from a competent Athletic Director point of view who makes these decisions from a business perspective and not an emotional fan point of view? I think 6 wins is enough to bring him back. 

I actually think Trev made a bit of an emotional decision keeping Frost as the data was not really there to back up his decision.  No other program in the top 10 wins all time would have kept a coach with 4 straight losing seasons.  With how easy our schedule is, I really think 8 wins should be attainable.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 6
17 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I actually think Trev made a bit of an emotional decision keeping Frost as the data was not really there to back up his decision.  No other program in the top 10 wins all time would have kept a coach with 4 straight losing seasons.  With how easy our schedule is, I really think 8 wins should be attainable.  

We will have to agree to disagree on that one. I think keeping him one more year and see if he can put together a competent staff which results in improvements was the smarter and more financially responsible decision.

If he can’t? Well he made his own fate, then we can search for a new coach letting them know we gave a guy 5 years to try and obtain a winning season. As we have the reputation of firing coaches after 9 win seasons.

Also it’ll be way cheaper which may be needed in the middle of building a brand new football facility.

• Plus1 1