Year 5 Expectations

1 minute ago, lo country said:

So next year, I could easily see us going 4-8/5-7.....ND, Georgia, Maryland and Rutgers....NW (probably) the other teams we have not beaten under Frost or are currently 1-3.....I don't know why everyone is saying that next year is easier.....

The "X" factor will be the staff and scheme brought in.

Idk. Next year will be the first year we have a semi normal schedule. A lot of variables in going to Dublin, but we should have a very winnable game against NW. Then 2 cupcakes to work out the Kinks before Oklahoma. Sets up great for a schedule to build confidence and get better throughout the season.

14 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Idk. Next year will be the first year we have a semi normal schedule. A lot of variables in going to Dublin, but we should have a very winnable game against NW. Then 2 cupcakes to work out the Kinks before Oklahoma. Sets up great for a schedule to build confidence and get better throughout the season.

I would agree with all of that (with this troublesome caveat).... Frost's record in season openers is abysmal, and I'm pretty sure Northwestern will have a ton of revenge on their mind.  Couple  a road opener versus a team that we woodsheded and  it smells like it could be Illinois part deux....

1 hour ago, not me said:

BOGO season tickets

Great idea.  With the buyout negotiated down, the athletic department should be open to giving every fan a "red carpet" experience next season.  Complete with a complimentary ticket and beer.  

I knew we could all embrace and enjoy the 2022 farewell tour...

This means we can all get along for the next year as the serious conversations about the program's future are deferred until November, 2022.  

Having a semi normal schedule vs what some are calling easiest schedule in 10 years... Smh.   Next year is FAR from our easiest in a decade.  That said, winning record would be the bare minimum for me.

I kind of think the timing of these staff changes bought Frost time this year, which I don't like.  It feels like his hand was forced.   However, it makes sense not to send those guys out recruiting this week if you are canning them.  

17 minutes ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

Depends on who returns but with the much less demanding schedule I'm hoping for 5-7 next. Should be enough to ensure HCSF returns for year six.

With this fanbase, the situation is turning into a bad game of limbo, "how low can the old expectations go?"  Planning for a Year 6 with a 5-7 record.  I love it.  Let's game this out...

Year 7 - 6-7 with bowl loss (contract extension)

Year 8 - 7-6 with Idaho Bowl Championship (another extension, raise, and parade in Lincoln)

Year 9 - 4-8 (rebuilding year - need more time)

and on...

• Haha 1

When 3-9 is OK, what is really the expectation.  We would rather lose with one of us, then take a chance on anyone else.  I think Trev is smart enough to say to himself, I haven't really worked with this guy.  I will give Trev a chance.  Mostly because we have no choice.  I do hope Scott gets it figured out.  It is easier that way.

The expectation for Scott from Husker nation will be 6-6 and a bowl game.  We will see if he gets it done.  I do agree, with that schedule.  He should sleep walk and get 6.  Improvement lies at 8.  Close this year, means 8 next year.

• Haha 1