New Offensive Coordinator options?

5 minutes ago, BartonHusker said:

Personally my pick to be the new OC is Coastal Carolina’s Co-OC/QB Coach Willy Korn. Coastal runs an exciting option attack out of the shotgun. It has been said the style of offense Coastal runs is probably something similar to what Coach Osborne would’ve moved towards.

Doesn't this offense favor a lot of good RB's and less TE's and WR's? Because IMO TE and WR are stronger positions for us than RB right now.

• Plus1 3
15 minutes ago, BartonHusker said:

Personally my pick to be the new OC is Coastal Carolina’s Co-OC/QB Coach Willy Korn. Coastal runs an exciting option attack out of the shotgun. It has been said the style of offense Coastal runs is probably something similar to what Coach Osborne would’ve moved towards.

This first play, isn't it just a pitch option thrown into a zone read? Feels like that's been in our playbook since Pelini.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

I'll be interested to see if they can snag a guy like Bush Hamdan (all time name) from Mizzou.  He was a key cog in Chris Petersen's teams at UW as the OC and I think Petersen's style of offense would translate really well to what Nebraska wants to do.  I think he coaches QBs and WRs at Mizzou now after Jimmy Lake inexplicitly fired him.