New Offensive Coordinator options?

6 hours ago, BartonHusker said:

Personally my pick to be the new OC is Coastal Carolina’s Co-OC/QB Coach Willy Korn. Coastal runs an exciting option attack out of the shotgun. It has been said the style of offense Coastal runs is probably something similar to what Coach Osborne would’ve moved towards.

I'd like to see Frost run this play. 

Old school trap block, using H-back instead of RG, like a variation on the inside zone split. Run it with an orbit motion WR for a Triple Option look out of the pistol. RB is 1-on-1 with backside S, give read is playside end man on the line of scrimmage (in this pic, the playside OLB), pitch read is the CB. RB makes backside S miss, it's a house call. QB keeps, and CB takes pitch man, QB makes backside S miss, and it's a house call. CB takes QB, and pitch man should be far enough outside to make backside S unable to catch him. 

Nice thing about this play setup is you can run a Counter off of it. Just have C take the NT rather than fire to the backside ILB, and have the H-back lead block around the backside. Orbit motion should fool the defense into keying towards the right, when the play is going left. 

Old school power football fundamentals, run out of a modern pistol formation. 

Ah... I'd love to see it in action. 

TrOpTrap.png

• Plus1 3
16 minutes ago, EmeraldIngot said:

Old school trap block, using H-back instead of RG, like a variation on the inside zone split. Run it with an orbit motion WR for a Triple Option look out of the pistol. RB is 1-on-1 with backside S, give read is playside end man on the line of scrimmage (in this pic, the playside OLB), pitch read is the CB. RB makes backside S miss, it's a house call. QB keeps, and CB takes pitch man, QB makes backside S miss, and it's a house call. CB takes QB, and pitch man should be far enough outside to make backside S unable to catch him. 

Nice thing about this play setup is you can run a Counter off of it. Just have C take the NT rather than fire to the backside ILB, and have the H-back lead block around the backside. Orbit motion should fool the defense into keying towards the right, when the play is going left. 

TrOpTrap.png

He might be past his prime, but if it matters that much to you he might give it a try. What position do you want Frost at?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

I wonder what he makes there if we can draw him in with 1.5 mil. Also would need to know if he can mesh with Frost. 

Clawson makes 3.6 million this year.  Ruggiero has been with him at all of his stops so I assume he is compensated rather well......I like what you did there.  Very CSI Miami......Haha

1 hour ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Honestly, at this point, I'm going to be rather surprised if its anyone other than Helfrich. Same offensive philosophy, proven coordinator, so it's not a total change.

Just makes too much sense.

And Riley beat him......And his ST went for 2 after every TD.  Please no.....Talk about ZERO move on the right direction meter.....

35 minutes ago, EmeraldIngot said:

TrOpTrap.png

Ok but, what do you call next, now that it's 2nd and 9? 

Remember, we are down 17.  It's the 2nd quarter (or 3rd)

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, EmeraldIngot said:

Have the play side WR run a deep fade, rather than block the S. Have the QB fake the give and run a bootleg, pass it deep to the wide open WR. ^_^

Going with 2 receivers, They are always open. 

But if he over throws him.  3rd and 9.  Down 17.  The other team wants the ball back.  Glad we didn't take a sack though.

At least we aren't running a flex bone or spread bone.  I like the play action call there.  They will never see it coming