New Offensive Coordinator options?

10 hours ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

I think we could take a look at Warren Ruggiero. I think it would bring in some fresh concepts without having to go too far from what we have as a foundation. 

He's proven himself at the P5 level as a OC/QB-coach for the past several years, he'd be a quality hire. He and Clawson go back a long time, might be a tough get, but we can pay a crap-ton more than Wake so it's definitely worth a shot. 

• Plus1 1

I have it on good authority that the new OC/QB coach will be Lance Harbor. New WR coach will be Charlie Tweeder. These are pretty solid gets, good ties to Texas for recruiting. Not sure about the rest of the staff. Expect the new scheme to utilize a lot of receivers as we'll be primarily running the Oop-dee-oop. 

• Haha 4
Just now, GSG said:

I have it on good authority that the new OC/QB coach will be Lance Harbor. New WR coach will be Charlie Tweeder. These are pretty solid gets, good ties to Texas for recruiting. Not sure about the rest of the staff. Expect the new scheme to utilize a lot of receivers as we'll be primarily running the Oop-dee-oop. 

I just hope they improve their play signals at NU, because their sideline signals for the Hook N Ladder (should be lateral) was so obvious that the opposing DC should be ashamed he didn't pick up on it. 

51 minutes ago, GSG said:

Is Tweeder bringing the panty dropper recipe?

20 hours ago, BartonHusker said:

Personally my pick to be the new OC is Coastal Carolina’s Co-OC/QB Coach Willy Korn. Coastal runs an exciting option attack out of the shotgun. It has been said the style of offense Coastal runs is probably something similar to what Coach Osborne would’ve moved towards.

I like this but not with the fullback.  I would use a slot and block a little differently.  Makes it more of a passing threat.  

• Plus1 1
12 hours ago, admo said:

Going with 2 receivers, They are always open. 

But if he over throws him.  3rd and 9.  Down 17.  The other team wants the ball back.  Glad we didn't take a sack though.

At least we aren't running a flex bone or spread bone.  I like the play action call there.  They will never see it coming

obama.PNG

2 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I just hope they improve their play signals at NU, because their sideline signals for the Hook N Ladder (should be lateral) was so obvious that the opposing DC should be ashamed he didn't pick up on it. 

Last night while I was lying on my bed, I fell asleep and I dreamt that we were going to win the Big 10 West. But I woke up kinda depressed. Because I KNOW we’re gonna win the whole National Title!

• Haha 4