New Offensive Coordinator options?

On 11/9/2021 at 5:44 PM, Display name said:

Mark Helfrich is looking to get back into coaching 

Wasn't it Helfrich (announcer) in the MSU game that was calling O plays for MSU that were on point? Get him or Tony Romo...Romo, as much as I did not like him as a player, his ability to announce what the O should run is on point and is a sign of someone that gets rhythm in play calling 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, UniversalMartin said:

Wasn't it Helfrich (announcer) in the MSU game that was calling O plays for MSU that were on point? Get him or Tony Romo...Romo, as much as I did not like him as a player, his ability to announce what the O should run is on point and is a sign of someone that gets rhythm in play calling 

Thats probably one of the best, most eye opening names I've heard. Romo would be huge for recruiting. Probably wouldn't be considered though, egos and all.

4 hours ago, UniversalMartin said:

Romo has forgotten more about football than most of these college coaches will ever learn.  I always wondered how he'd do as a coach, but I think he could easily snag a coordinator job in the NFL if he was so inclined.

I do think it's Helfrich that Scott has in mind for the position.   Scott seems committed to running the duck sh!t offense.  Which, to me, kind of defeats the purpose of cleaning house on the offensive side of the ball.

21 hours ago, GSG said:

I have it on good authority that the new OC/QB coach will be Lance Harbor. New WR coach will be Charlie Tweeder. These are pretty solid gets, good ties to Texas for recruiting. Not sure about the rest of the staff. Expect the new scheme to utilize a lot of receivers as we'll be primarily running the Oop-dee-oop. 

I give that a 10.....  a TEN.....!!!!

• Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 2
23 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Helfrich is both an obvious choice, and would be absolutely deflating. I really hope we don't go that route. Dude had horrific offenses at Colorado and for the Bears. Please stay away from guys whose success stems from coaching in the Chip Kelly Oregon Machine. 

I kinda read the "new offensive system statement" as a condition set by TA to ensure that this hire couldn't be made..... 

16 hours ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Thats probably one of the best, most eye opening names I've heard. Romo would be huge for recruiting. Probably wouldn't be considered though, egos and all.

Yeah. And let’s get Jim Namce to bring back our FB and coach them up. Let’s also get Shannon Sharpe to be our new OC. It is a pipe dream, but how much do you think we could pay Skip Bayless to coach our special teams?

25 minutes ago, solesrfr said:

Corn Crazed talks about 8 possibilities. 

C

Interesting listen. He missed Tom Manning. Seems to like Rhett Lashlee and Ruggiero. And he likes Dan Mullen. I’d highly consider Mullen as OC as that is where I think he is best vs being a head coach. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

Interesting listen. He missed Tom Manning. Seems to like Rhett Lashlee and Ruggiero. And he likes Dan Mullen. I’d highly consider Mullen as OC as that is where I think he is best vs being a head coach. 

He has some good points on those 8, would like to have heard his opinion on Tom. Ruggiero is the one that I think most intrigues me but I have a feeling it might be a name that comes from left field. 

C