New Offensive Coordinator options?

59 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I mean IDK why we just wouldn't keep Lubick, if we were just gonna go hire Helfrich. 

I'm not sure Lubick was "all in" as a coach.  Just my impressions from things I've read.  Who knows?  Can't believe everything you read I guess.  But I get what you mean.  I prefer something a little different from the Oregon offense for long-term, but it may be the better route in the short term--because if we suck again in '22, there isn't goin to be a long-term for HCSF.

1 hour ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Has he ever called plays in college? When he was OC for chip. Chip called plays- then when he was head coach frost called the plays right? 

I don't know if it was ever clear who was calling the plays when Helfrich was head coach, but I'm pretty sure I remember him calling them at least some of the time. 

1 hour ago, whateveritis1224 said:

A name I saw thrown around that is intriguing is willie korn, Central Carolina’s co-oc (other OC is the head coach). They do some good stuff with options and it kinda falls in line with the quote when he let the offensive coaches go that he would like to work with someone who can help him adjust the offense. 

That would be interesting. If it works out great, if it doesn't and frost gets fired then you just hire chadwell and it would be like giving him a head start.

• Fire 1

A name I saw thrown around that is intriguing is willie korn, Central Carolina’s co-oc (other OC is the head coach). They do some good stuff with options and it kinda falls in line with the quote when he let the offensive coaches go that he would like to work with someone who can help him adjust the offense. 

Frost did go out to Central Carolina this offseason (with UNK's coach, I believe) to study their offense and chat with the staff. 

Willy was also ST KO coordinator prior to moving to QB's/Co-OC......Been with Chadwell for 5 years.......

Chadwell was under Moglia who was with Bo for2 years at NU....

On 11/10/2021 at 9:28 AM, GSG said:

I have it on good authority that the new OC/QB coach will be Lance Harbor. New WR coach will be Charlie Tweeder. These are pretty solid gets, good ties to Texas for recruiting. Not sure about the rest of the staff. Expect the new scheme to utilize a lot of receivers as we'll be primarily running the Oop-dee-oop. 

americas-ass-jake-wyler.gif

f60de2bb35d831eaa1dfa02929e34ba7.gif

DgTOhM.gif

that-is-whack-not-another-teen-movie.gif

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1