New Offensive Coordinator options?

3 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

If Frost could pull this off it would be incredible. Don't think Grimes makes a move for Nebraska, think he could be in line for a P5 HC job soon. If they could find the next Grimes that would be ideal. Get a guy who has roots in OL development, as I think that's Frost's weakness. 

Indeed! With a strong running game that offense could be potent here I think. OL development is key. What do you think about Roderick? Their philosophies are pretty aligned. 

Some options to think about for Offensive Coordinator 

Graham Harrell- OC at USC. We need work on the passing game and he can definitely help us in that regard. I believe he would call plays that fit us and not chuck it all over. He has potential to be a head coach down the road and would bring in new ideas. 

Robert Anae- offensive coordinator for the number one ranked offense Virginia. He also coaches inside receivers and TEs. He would be offensive coordinator and wide receiver coach if we hire him. He also played and coached offensive line so he will know the importance of finding and elite oline coach. Really like what I see from him, but he has been with BM for a long time. We could out pay Virginia for him but he might be good where he is. 

Tim Cramsey- Offensive coordinator and quarterbacks at Marshall. His offense has put up yards and points. He has had both prolific passing and rushing attacks. Looks like a guy with lots of experience and an offense that does something. His job working with quarterbacks looks impressive as well.

Andrew Sowder- Offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at Kent State. The offense has put up some impressive numbers including 605 yards per game in 2020. This year is about 475 a game. I really like what I see from him as many of his quarterbacks take care of the ball and put up numbers. The main takeaway is his offense finds the endzone. 

Tom Herman- he is an analyst for the Chicago Bears. We could easily hire him away- might want an AHC title or something like that. He had some great offenses at Houston, Texas, and OSU as a coordinator. He would love to get back into coordinating and proving his worth by calling plays. He could have some options at head coaching a G5 school. 

These are some guys that have had success at where they have been. Would not surprise me if Helfrich is hired if our other options say no. 

• Plus1 3

On 11/9/2021 at 12:37 PM, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

I think we could take a look at Warren Ruggiero. I think it would bring in some fresh concepts without having to go too far from what we have as a foundation. 

The more I'm watching this, slow mesh, the more I'm liking it. Certainly interesting!  Lots of experience there with Ruggiero. I like the fact that he hasn't moved around from different places a lot. 

• Plus1 1
19 hours ago, HuskermanMike said:

Tim Cramsey- Offensive coordinator and quarterbacks at Marshall. His offense has put up yards and points. He has had both prolific passing and rushing attacks. Looks like a guy with lots of experience and an offense that does something. His job working with quarterbacks looks impressive as well.

From the Chip Kelly tree as well, branched off and has had his own success. 

I don't think anyone will say it out loud, but given Scott's coaching lineage I could see a splash hire where a veteran but slightly bored offensive expert steps in for a one or two year fix to help Frost and design a system, but not commit to the program. 

Most of these suggestions require hiring guys away from equal or better existing jobs.