New Offensive Coordinator options?

46 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Ehhh...he will sign off on whoever Frost wants to hire.

If not, none of this makes sense.  

I agree completely with the only restraint being stay within the budget.  TA and Nebraska are 100% supporting Frost but at the same time they are "marketing" to existing coaches in the event Frost doesn't get it done next year.  They will show that they are giving their coach every chance to succeed.  If they make choices for a struggling coach, a lot of finger pointing could happen if he fails.  If coach makes his own choices, the only finger left to point is the thumb.  

• Thanks 1

While I fully believe Frost needs to take some time to find the right guy, I also believe it's important to get that name sooner than later if we want to increase our chances of landing some better recruits and transfer portal guys down the stretch.  My gut tells me they will announce the name shortly after the regular season ends but I honestly wish it were sooner.

• Fire 1
5 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

While I fully believe Frost needs to take some time to find the right guy, I also believe it's important to get that name sooner than later if we want to increase our chances of landing some better recruits and transfer portal guys down the stretch.  My gut tells me they will announce the name shortly after the regular season ends but I honestly wish it were sooner.

It'd be great if they could announce the early part of next week and get those other pieces assembled soon too as well. Particularly the O-Line coach. 

I’m thinking this has to be dragging on because coaches in consideration are with college or NFL teams still doing well late in the season. Frost had the same issue when he left UCF for us. Or also likely we are not the only ones knocking on these candidates doors.  I’m resigned that we won’t know until after the end of the regular season in college football or December if NFL candidate. We’re like 10 days out…buckle up!

• Fire 1
26 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

I’m thinking this has to be dragging on because coaches in consideration are with college or NFL teams still doing well late in the season. Frost had the same issue when he left UCF for us. Or also likely we are not the only ones knocking on these candidates doors.  I’m resigned that we won’t know until after the end of the regular season in college football or December if NFL candidate. We’re like 10 days out…buckle up!

I'm with you on this. In the presser Frost said they are reaching out and having good feedback.  A lot of interest in the openings......BS or true, I have no idea.  Guys I would like are, as you say, doing well and will be playing for conference championships and/or going bowling.......It's gonna be a minute before anyone is announced.