New Offensive Coordinator options?

17 hours ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Based on what?

Based on many things. There’s definitely questions about exactly what value Matt Davison would bring to that search process. 
but really, it shows a fundamental level of unseriousness if, as a head coach in Frosts position, you delegate maybe the most important determining factor of your on field success to someone significantly less qualified than you. 

• Haha 4
1 hour ago, thatguy said:

Based on many things. There’s definitely questions about exactly what value Matt Davison would bring to that search process. 
but really, it shows a fundamental level of unseriousness if, as a head coach in Frosts position, you delegate maybe the most important determining factor of your on field success to someone significantly less qualified than you. 

Don't be thatguy. He's not unserious if he sends someone out to do initial interviewing. If his list is 10 people long, he doesn't have time to fly to interview them all while coaching a team that's down four coaches. CEOs aren't typically involved in each interview. Let Matt eliminate a couple options. It's not like he's deciding the next OC.

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, thatguy said:

Oh so based on nothing. Got it.

• Plus1 3
43 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Oh so based on nothing. Got it.

ah. so you weren't actually looking for a response. i suppose i should have known better than to reply to your question. any other dismissive replies from your rollodex you wanna send me before i put you on ignore? 

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, thatguy said:

ah. so you weren't actually looking for a response. i suppose i should have known better than to reply to your question. any other dismissive replies from your rollodex you wanna send me before i put you on ignore? 

I was looking for actual info about something that Davison has or hasn't done that justified your statement that he should have followed the fired offensive coaches out the door. so my response stands.

• Plus1 2

On 11/18/2021 at 9:15 AM, TGHusker said:

I believe Frost or perhaps it was Trev, said in one of the pressers that there is a lot of interest - people contacting him.  Perhaps coaches from teams in which the HC has already been fired.  Regardless of his time restraints, Frost needs a home run hire as his job rests on it.  At this point the last 2 games are less important in the grand scheme of things. 

Look--drunk Huskerboard members who sent in resumes to the Athletic Department and said "i c0uLD Do BeDtER thAN FrOSTY111!!!" don't count as 'a lot of interest'. ;)

Also...what if we're trying to bring Solich back as OC to break the curse? :o:P

• Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
1 hour ago, VectorVictor said:

Look--drunk Huskerboard members who sent in resumes to the Athletic Department and said "i c0uLD Do BeDtER thAN FrOSTY111!!!" don't count as 'a lot of interest'. ;)

Also...what if we're trying to bring Solich back as OC to break the curse? :o:P

I said after the O staff was fired, hire him back as OC for two weeks then allow him to retire as a Husker.  Like bringing Emmitt Smith back to Dallas from the Cards. That's the only was to break the curse.  No team struggles like this without a plausible explanation.:D

• Oh Yeah! 1
1 hour ago, lo country said:

I said after the O staff was fired, hire him back as OC for two weeks then allow him to retire as a Husker.  Like bringing Emmitt Smith back to Dallas from the Cards. That's the only was to break the curse.  No team struggles like this without a plausible explanation.:D

Love that idea. 

• Oh Yeah! 2