New Offensive Coordinator options?

10 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Peetz has Nebraska ties, but I’m not sure of how good he is - LSU fans hate him 

He's moved around a lot. Has a big family. Seven kids I think. Doubt they'd want to relocate here. In my mind he's a better position coach. He's been a good recruiter. We can do better for coordinator. Don't think he's what we need. 

20 minutes ago, FrankWheeler said:

Serious question: When has he ever recruited to show he’s good at it? He’s been scouting/coaching in the NFL for 11 of the past 14 years and then was an analyst at Alabama for 2 and couldn’t recruit.

Referring to Jake Peetz?  He doesn't have a long recruiting history. He has recruited Jake Johnson (TE) and Brian Thomas Jr. (WR) commitments. I don't think I can post a link with those and how he ranks. 

15 hours ago, theknife said:

Jerry Kill hasn’t been an OC since 2017 at Rutgers, where the offense was dog s#!t. Hard pass.

To be fair dude was handed a turd to polish and that turd was less smelly than the seasons before and after. I worry more about the reason he had to quit Minn, had to take a job like Rutgers OC, and then left on-field coaching to be a "special assistant to the HC". Can he hold-up to the rigors of coaching at this level? 

• Fire 1

21 hours ago, Danimal said:

To be fair dude was handed a turd to polish and that turd was less smelly than the seasons before and after. I worry more about the reason he had to quit Minn, had to take a job like Rutgers OC, and then left on-field coaching to be a "special assistant to the HC". Can he hold-up to the rigors of coaching at this level? 

It doesn’t matter anyways. Jerry Kill to New Mexico State with Tim Beck as OC!

• Plus1 2
20 minutes ago, theknife said:

It doesn’t matter anyways. Jerry Kill to New Mexico State with Tim Beck as OC!

Glad Kill isn't coming here.  TBH, I didn't like our Tim Beck when he was here, BUT I would entertain our Tim Beck getting a look.  He has done well at OSU (other than the game against MSU) and NC State.  He did use the diamond once and the great option play against Michigan that Urbs loved.

• Haha 2
25 minutes ago, lo country said:

Glad Kill isn't coming here.  TBH, I didn't like our Tim Beck when he was here, BUT I would entertain our Tim Beck getting a look.  He has done well at OSU (other than the game against MSU) and NC State.  He did use the diamond once and the great option play against Michigan that Urbs loved.

Kill is very good, but likely headed where he knows the AD.

Kill believes in winning the LOS and a strong run game.

Kill is one of those coaches that will bring a strong OL coach with him.

That is a very very important piece as Frost makes the OC hire.  Frost has mentioned it could be a package deal.

A strong OL coaching hire is a big deal.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
On 11/24/2021 at 5:38 PM, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Peetz has Nebraska ties, but I’m not sure of how good he is - LSU fans hate him 

We do not need anyone else with Nebraska ties unless they are top notch. I hope Frost is thinking bigger than just guys who have ties to Nebraska or guys he is comfortable with.  He needs somebody to push his thinking and the thinking of the rest of the offensive staff.