New Offensive Coordinator options?

It’s amazing how all the stats people post on here don’t translate to winning. If our offense was as efficient as many of these stats suggest we would score like 35-45 a game not the 25 we do now. It’s salso amazing how one place can say we are the 25th best offense and others say 110th. Just goes to show you can twist the narrative depending on what variables they include. That’s what great about W-L. Only 1 variable. Did you succeed or not 

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

It’s amazing how all the stats people post on here don’t translate to winning. If our offense was as efficient as many of these stats suggest we would score like 35-45 a game not the 25 we do now. It’s salso amazing how one place can say we are the 25th best offense and others say 110th. Just goes to show you can twist the narrative depending on what variables they include. That’s what great about W-L. Only 1 variable. Did you succeed or not 

I’m fine if you don’t have the patience to look at these to analyze where we were good and bad at. 

Nobody has said everything is awesome and nothing needs to change. 

But, some find looking at this interesting. If you don’t, that’s fine. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

I’m fine if you don’t have the patience to look at these to analyze where we were good and bad at. 

Nobody has said everything is awesome and nothing needs to change. 

But, some find looking at this interesting. If you don’t, that’s fine. 

I just struggle with the wildly inconsistent ratings that so many different entities have. I saw one stat that said we were like 119th in the country in points scored per yard earned. So we got yards but not many points to back it up. So I question the validity of some of these stats people throw out that totally contradict other similar things. Like our PPG is not that good so how are we good in the red zone and good at moving the ball per some sources. 

6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Not sure we really know how the play book was when 2AM would be smothered by defenders in about a half second. 

Generally look for outside passing routes, , running routes to get out of bounds. Nothing too long as it eats clock (although we do seem to go YOLO a lot).  Quicker developing plays etc...

1 minute ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I just struggle with the wildly inconsistent ratings that so many different entities have. I saw one stat that said we were like 119th in the country in points scored per yard earned. So we got yards but not many points to back it up. So I question the validity of some of these stats people throw out that totally contradict other similar things. Like our PPG is not that good so how are we good in the red zone and good at moving the ball per some sources. 

Interesting isn’t it. 

3 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Nebraska is 111th..  This site on,y compares FBS to FBS so Fordham isn’t included

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/yards-per-point

6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Interesting isn’t it. 

It is interesting from the standpoint I question it’s accuracy or validity. If you struggle to score, lose 75% of your games. I don’t really believe some stat that tells me we are a top 25 offense. My eyes tell me we are streaky and inconsistent offense that pulls off chunk plays at times to make game stats look better. But can’t produce when it matters. Or we pad stats at the end of games when we are down by 2 scores and defenses are playing prevent. 

6 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

It is interesting from the standpoint I question it’s accuracy or validity. If you struggle to score, lose 75% of your games. I don’t really believe some stat that tells me we are a top 25 offense. My eyes tell me we are streaky and inconsistent offense that pulls off chunk plays at times to make game stats look better. But can’t produce when it matters. Or we pad stats at the end of games when we are down by 2 scores and defenses are playing prevent. 

So, some stats are put together purposely to make Huskers look good even though the site is analyzing all teams?

No, the stats are looking at different things.   

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
20 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Yards per point would be something that is heavily influenced by defenses ability to get turnovers and special teams both of which we are not good at. 

• Plus1 1
On 11/14/2021 at 8:24 PM, FrantzHardySwag said:

I’ve seen Grimes and Herman names dropped for the Washington HC job that just opened. Confirms my suspicion that they’ll have way better options on the table. 

I've been saying that all along. Others mentioned Billy Napier as OC. Some of our fans are delusional, I swear.

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1