New Offensive Coordinator options?

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

I like Ludwig a lot, but wouldn't it be a tad unusual to make a lateral move from a championship team to a 3-9 team?

If he's offered the HC job that's different.

That's what I've been saying. I wouldn't leave Utah if I were him lol I guess unless he snags 1.5 mil on a 3 year guarantee and says F it. 

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

The longer this search goes on, the more it tells me that Frost's targets weren't interested. I'm hoping that perhaps the target is still coaching this weekend which is why no announcement has been made, but I have no clue who it could possibly be. Gotta think it's a guy at a lower-level school looking to take the next step?

I’m guessing it’s someone still coaching this weekend or next.  I can’t imagine MJ comes aboard without at least getting an idea of who he’ll be working with.   

• Plus1 2

I think we all have our favorite former players, coaches, offensive and defensive schemes, theories etc.  Its all a part of why we love the game of football.  Strategy. Luck.  Smarts. Weather.   Human error.  Effort.  Basically infinite variables and factors come into play with every team, game, plays etc.  I am confident that there are many very good minds involved in managing and guiding the program and Trev is one with Husker heart and will do his best.  Let’s let things play out and give the next year’s team and its coaches and players a fair chance to do well.  Whoever we hire and recruit, they need our support and encouragement more than ever.  

The 2021 team did some good things and showed potential.  Now a whole new team will be assembled, almost from scratch it seems.  This will be the most challenging year to put a competitive bunch on the field in our lifetimes in my view.  I hope, whatever new and improved staff and roster we end up, we can all find a way to be positive and give ‘em a fair shot.  These young players are gonna be in learning mode for awhile.   
GBR.  

12 minutes ago, cornhuskers4ever said:

Considering he is currently QB Coach at Vanderbilt, I think it would be a nice promotion to Nebraska

Gerry was one of the best QBs ever at NU but gets very little notice it seems. He’d have been super running the Frost offense imo.  I hope we change to lots more multiple RB formations / schemes along with some of the more effective complementary pass game of the current offense.  Fix special teams by playing your best and practicing every aspect as much as it takes. 

Clean up the roster and thin the ‘deadwood’ and keep focus of finding players who want to be Huskers first and foremost.  Free agency may be here but without heart and soul, Husker football is nothing but history really.  

• Plus1 1
31 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Gerry was one of the best QBs ever at NU but gets very little notice it seems. He’d have been super running the Frost offense imo.  I hope we change to lots more multiple RB formations / schemes along with some of the more effective complementary pass game of the current offense.  Fix special teams by playing your best and practicing every aspect as much as it takes. 

Clean up the roster and thin the ‘deadwood’ and keep focus of finding players who want to be Huskers first and foremost.  Free agency may be here but without heart and soul, Husker football is nothing but history really.  

I'd take Utahs offense all day every damn day. Also I would be happy to take their defense as well this year. That has been a fun team to watch this year. 

• Plus1 3