New Offensive Coordinator options?

4 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

The longer this search goes on, the more it tells me that Frost's targets weren't interested. I'm hoping that perhaps the target is still coaching this weekend which is why no announcement has been made, but I have no clue who it could possibly be. Gotta think it's a guy at a lower-level school looking to take the next step?

This is where I have been for years.  Surely our O was so vanilla because we were saving for conference play.  I know our D will step up against so and so.  After the bye week, teams better look out.  I know we will adjust at the half.....So far, we are just what we appear to be.  I'm pretty confident that the hire will be a head scratcher or under whelming.  A lot of other teams are announcing moves, making moves etc....And we are so professional that we have assured the confidentiality of the process so as not to disrupt another teams bowl prep or next game.....SMH

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

5 minutes ago, lo country said:

This is where I have been for years.  Surely our O was so vanilla because we were saving for conference play.  I know our D will step up against so and so.  After the bye week, teams better look out.  I know we will adjust at the half.....So far, we are just what we appear to be.  I'm pretty confident that the hire will be a head scratcher or under whelming.  A lot of other teams are announcing moves, making moves etc....And we are so professional that we have assured the confidentiality of the process so as not to disrupt another teams bowl prep or next game.....SMH

Yep or we don't have anyone.

• Plus1 3

6 minutes ago, M.A. said:

It's now being mentioned a candidate for the O-line. Could see that happening potentially. Anae's had a long history coaching it previous and playing on it which has some appeal. 

Meh... boring hire and hardly an upgrade.

I was hoping for Korn or Kittley as OC but both of their regular seasons are already over.

9 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Yeahhhhh.... I don't see that happening. Baylor is on the rise, and we've been on the decline. Gonna have to target a guy who would make a significant pay raise from what he's currently making.

Grimes is only making like 500k, we could easily double his salary. Not saying it's likely, though. 

Leaning more towards Morris.  He coaches in the Texas State title game tonight(you know that thing that is a pretty huge deal in that state) and probably asked for an announcement to wait until afterwards to not distract his team.  Added bonus, his kid comes as well and you more than likely have your starting QB next year.

• Plus1 1