New Offensive Coordinator options?

3 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

Leaning more towards Morris.  He coaches in the Texas State title game tonight(you know that thing that is a pretty huge deal in that state) and probably asked for an announcement to wait until afterwards to not distract his team.  Added bonus, his kid comes as well and you more than likely have your starting QB next year.

He would be such a let down and really confirm the lack of interest. Also his son already used his 1 time transfer waiver. 

• Plus1 1

17 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

Leaning more towards Morris.  He coaches in the Texas State title game tonight(you know that thing that is a pretty huge deal in that state) and probably asked for an announcement to wait until afterwards to not distract his team.  Added bonus, his kid comes as well and you more than likely have your starting QB next year.

Does this mean I might have to eat my socks! I'm trying, I'm really trying to give him an honest look. I'm just not seeing it aside from a Texas connection. Maybe there's an argument college head coaching wasn't his strong suit OC a better fit. 

3 minutes ago, M.A. said:

Does this mean I might have to eat my socks! I'm trying, I'm really trying to give him an honest look. I'm just not seeing it aside from a Texas connection. Maybe there's an argument college head coaching wasn't his strong suit OC a better fit. 

His offense at Auburn in 2020 was not great and everyone was fired anyways.

1 minute ago, M.A. said:

There are many different contributing factors. We've been digging ourselves a hole for nearly 20 years. 

But that hole never had reached the current depths of hell Scott is plodding towards.   Say what you want about the previous coaches, hell I have, but they at least accomplished so much more 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
25 minutes ago, lo country said:

I don't see a Grimes, Ludwig, Ruggiero ie successful OC coming here.  The whole proven experienced P5 OC with multiple stops and success was complete BS.  

Any of those 3 would be great hires but I would guess Ruggerio might be the  most likely of the 3 to make the move.  We will know soon enough.  

Watching Baylor and Okie Lite.  Baylors leading RB was a LB last year.  Recruited as a RB, but did not do well under the old OC. Grimes came in and asked if he could have been back at RB.  Smith reluctantly made the switch and is now the Big 12 leading rusher.  That's a good OC.  He also describes his offense as RVO.  Reliably Violent Offense.  Baylor averaged 99 rushing yards/game last year.  Over 240/game this year.....Damn.

• Oh Yeah! 1
4 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Sipple and company suggesting the new OC plays tonight.

https://twitter.com/HuskerExtraPG/status/1467193412839485445?t=LdlT_T-5NzPtvDLEo-7juA&s=19

OK, so... let's look at who plays tonight:

Pitt vs. Wake Forest

Michigan vs. Iowa

USC vs. Cal

So our OC is coming from one of those six teams? Time to do some research I suppose