New Offensive Coordinator options?

3 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

At this point I've pretty much accepted that we don't have anyone and that whomever we do eventually get is going to be a disappointment.They'll try to spin it like whomever they hired was "the best match" (the local media has already planted those seeds) but it'll be easy to see that it was because no one else was interested.

Best local match is Turner Gill to implement TO's offense.  Surely Frost knows how this one works:D

6 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

At this point I've pretty much accepted that we don't have anyone and that whomever we do eventually get is going to be a disappointment.They'll try to spin it like whomever they hired was "the best match" (the local media has already planted those seeds) but it'll be easy to see that it was because no one else was interested.

That and the "we can pay for a resume", but does it fit.  Translation, we threw out money offers and no one is coming.  We are now going to find a guy no one has ever heard of and spin it that he is a local guy.  No one will work harder as an OC/OL etc to turn this program around.  This guy bleeds red...A true up and comer we were lucky to get.  We were in before the others knew he was available.  A steal.

16 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

Frost has always said we’re just a few players away

To be fair, a ‘few’ could reasonably mean 10 or 15 out of a roster of 160.   And if you swapped about 5 on offense, 2 good kickers, 1 good punt returner, and one dam good pass rusher, Frost would have been to 3 or 4 bowl games with  dozen more wins, etc.  That’s even if you kept Adrian (not my choice but still).  Add in the other 6, sprinkled in across the team and we are averaging 9+ wins easy.  And even with the Frost O.   

So, we are not that far away.  But without a clear path to get there in a short time, it feels a lot like the crew of Columbus’ three ships, after sailing west into uncharted seas for months with nothing but stormy seas beyond the horizon, day after day, when provisions are getting short.  Could be tomorrow we hear “Land go!”   Or, maybe not.  Do

we turn back?  Do we change course and if so, which way?   It’s a long way back home.  A whole new world could be found soon?   

• Haha 1

Everyone relax, I just was just talking to my terrarium guy and he was over at Scott's place switching out the succulents. He saw him facetiming Joe Brady. Needless to say, Frost was drunk, crying, and screaming "A BLANK CHECK, JOE". My guy says Scott gets this way when he drinks gin, but Brady seemed interested. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 4
  • Oh Yeah! 1

2 minutes ago, theknife said:

Everyone relax, I just was just talking to my terrarium guy and he was over at Scott's place switching out the succelants. He saw him facetiming Joe Brady. Needless to say, Frost was drunk, crying, and screaming "A BLANK CHECK, JOE". My guy says Scott gets this way when he drinks gin, but Brady seemed interested. 

image.jpeg.a093536786a3a2226118b61296254878.jpeg

30 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

At this point, thought you were there last week and maybe the week before.

• Plus1 1

10 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Because his QB had the greatest single season in the history of CFB?

So he happened to be on the staff while a great QB won a national championship? Well s#!t, if that's the criteria, why don't we just hire Gene Chizik?

Of course we're all just spitballing here but maybe the reason the option guys have been getting so much smoke is Frost does want to move in that direction with his offense, and wants guys who know how to coach it on his staff.

Korn - QBs

Davis - OL / running game coordinator

Still Frost calling the plays?