New Offensive Coordinator options?

If we don't have a QB for next season Davis is the only one who has a system for that.

Watch us settle for him because everything else fell through and then we pound the absolute f#&% out of the rock. Chinander's defense is top 10 because they're never on the field, and we win the division. :lol:

il_794xN.164401585.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2

10 minutes ago, The Dude said:

If we don't have a QB for next season Davis is the only one who has a system for that.

Watch us settle for him because everything else fell through and then we pound the absolute f#&% out of the rock. Chinander's defense is top 10 because they're never on the field, and we win the division. :lol:

il_794xN.164401585.jpg

I feel pretty safe saying, we will have a QB next season. 

• Haha 2
13 minutes ago, lo country said:

I think Frost still wanting to be involved in play calling would detract a large number of prospective OC's. I would assume that those who are qualified have looked at and reviewed this season and others in regards to NU's offense, talent, scheme, play calling, coaching etc...Many of us, right or wrong, have pointed out multiple occasions where play calling has cost us pints, the game or were just mind boggling.  I am sure persons getting made large sums money recognize this significantly better than internet OC's.  And I am sure, like Korn that there is no way a guy risks his reputation to come here and have his scheme, play calling, game plan etc..hobbled, screwed, whatever by what they have professionally observed for 4 years.

The only thing that would motivate Korn is the huge pay increase, but even that might not be enough.

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, Gorillahawk said:

Proving his system can work in a P5 conference and a large bag of money might be enough 

Does he have a system?  I thought he was the QB coach with a Co-OC title. 

He makes $140k.  He wouldn't take triple that to be the QB coach at a major university?

I don't see handing over control of the offense to him.  

I like his boss's offense though.  Pay that dude 1.2 million to run the offense.

• Plus1 1
Just now, Hedley Lamarr said:

It isnt his system, it is Jamey Chadwells system. 

I'd take him in a heart beat. He is a close branch to a new tree that is pretty nice to watch.  Not his system, but he has been brought up in it.  Played QB for Chadwell at Division II North Greenville.  Been with him about 11 years....Again, he'd be a great hire.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Does he have a system?  I thought he was the QB coach with a Co-OC title. 

He makes $140k.  He wouldn't take triple that to be the QB coach at a major university?

I don't see handing over control of the offense to him.  

I like his boss's offense though.  Pay that dude 1.2 million to run the offense.

He's been with Chadwell about 11 years.  Has been with him since playing for him as a QB.  Korn was originally a 4* that was recruited to Clemson and was the starter in Dabo's 1st game as HC.  He knows Chadwell's system as a player and a coach.  Been coaching since 2013.  I'd make the call.  Give him the keys.  He will have Joseph to lean on and Frost....

• Haha 1

Just now, lo country said:

He's been with Chadwell about 11 years.  Has been with him since playing for him as a QB.  Korn was originally a 4* that was recruited to Clemson and was the starter in Dabo's 1st game as HC.  He knows Chadwell's system as a player and a coach.  Been coaching since 2013.  I'd make the call.  Give him the keys.  He will have Joseph to lean on and Frost....

I do like the offense a lot but I have no idea if he can coach it as well as Chadwell.

• Plus1 2