New Offensive Coordinator options?

2 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Yeah it just seems to be the only name that is now picking up. Smoke detectors are going off. People are starting to move towards the exits etc. 

We have consistently seen that the way to win the West Division and the BIG conference is to have a tough defense coupled with an offense that has the ability to run the ball successfully.  Ohio State for years had a good running attack to compliment their passing game, but this season it seemed they were more pass heavy while Michigan made an effort to become better at the running game.  

Just now, TGHusker said:

I think I'd rather have Korn

Yes I would rather have Korn or Davis over Harrell.  

1 minute ago, TGHusker said:

I like local Cali article that says he and his O suck.  Outdated, exploited etc.....I mean if you are coaching for your job bring in a ringer...

1 minute ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Oh god what have I done. Guess I'll lean into it and become the official Graham Harrell fan club leader. Harrell's Heroes UNITE!

shouting-development.gif

Enjoy it for the ten months that it lasts.

This reeks of all other options falling through.  I hope Alberts had an idea this would happen and was merely writing off next year in an effort to save buyout money and start a new hc search in earnest in ten months.  If not, his miscalculations are light years off.  

2 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Enjoy it for the ten months that it lasts.

This reeks of all other options falling through.  I hope Alberts had an idea this would happen and was merely writing off next year in an effort to save buyout money and start a new hc search in earnest in ten months.  If not, his miscalculations are light years off.  

When I think about the process of hiring a new OC and how long it is taking, Harrell would not make sense for a few reasons:

1.  The USC staff disarray has been known since Helton was fired in October

2.  USC was not in position to play for a championship so if it were Harrell, we could have announced before last weekend

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

We have consistently seen that the way to win the West Division and the BIG conference is to have a tough defense coupled with an offense that has the ability to run the ball successfully.  Ohio State for years had a good running attack to compliment their passing game, but this season it seemed they were more pass heavy while Michigan made an effort to become better at the running game.  

Yes I would rather have Korn or Davis over Harrell.  

I'd rather have Frost as OC over Harrell.

• Plus1 2

You all know I love looking at Flight Tracker.  I see a new flight is arriving from a small airport near Fayetteville, Arkansas.  Perhaps we can get Kendal Briles?  There are reports that Venables is looking to take Lebby from Ole Miss and Briles may be looked at to replace Lebby at Ole Miss.  If he is wiling to move, why not come to Nebraska over Ole Miss!

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airports/lnk

https://www.arkansasrazorbackfootballcamps.com/coaching-staff.cfm

• Oh Yeah! 2
8 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

When I think about the process of hiring a new OC and how long it is taking, Harrell would not make sense for a few reasons:

2.  USC was not in position to play for a championship so if it were Harrell, we could have announced before last weekend

God I hope you're right although it could be that's how long it took to have every other option say "no thanks".

• Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Or everyone else passed and Harrell has no offers on the horizon.  

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

You all know I love looking at Flight Tracker.  I see a new flight is arriving from a small airport near Fayetteville, Arkansas.  Perhaps we can get Kendal Briles?

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airports/lnk

https://www.arkansasrazorbackfootballcamps.com/coaching-staff.cfm

Briles would be awesome, but idk why he'd leave a program trending up to come to Nebraska unless the amount of money is way too much to turn down

• Plus1 1