New Offensive Coordinator options?

27 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

You all know I love looking at Flight Tracker.  I see a new flight is arriving from a small airport near Fayetteville, Arkansas.  Perhaps we can get Kendal Briles?  There are reports that Venables is looking to take Lebby from Ole Miss and Briles may be looked at to replace Lebby at Ole Miss.  If he is wiling to move, why not come to Nebraska over Ole Miss!

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airports/lnk

https://www.arkansasrazorbackfootballcamps.com/coaching-staff.cfm

Ole miss is a better job than Nebraska right now. Also it’s rumored that Kiffin could jump to Oregon. 

1 minute ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Ole miss is a better job than Nebraska right now. Also it’s rumored that Kiffin could jump to Oregon. 

Well if Kiffin jumps to Oregon then it may make the Ole Miss program less stable and therefore Briles would want to come to Nebraska!  I would be surprised if Kiffin left Ole Miss he is doing great there.  Besides, I would love for Kiffin to wait one more year to make a move just in case things do not go so well for Nebraska in 2022!

Just now, HuskerNation1 said:

Well if Kiffin jumps to Oregon then it may make the Ole Miss program less stable and therefore Briles would want to come to Nebraska!  I would be surprised if Kiffin left Ole Miss he is doing great there.  Besides, I would love for Kiffin to wait one more year to make a move just in case things do not go so well for Nebraska in 2022!

social media pundits are saying that most established coaches aren’t going to risk their reputations coming to a “dumpster fire” with a “lame duck” coach… so that means we’re gonna have to get a young guy or a guy at a smaller school who’s looking for a big pay increase, or a guy on the tail end of his career looking for a handsome final payday. We’re not gonna get anyone who’s still a hot name that other schools might be interested in. 

2 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I’ve been following the flight tracker of a private plane that Frost has used in the past. Over the past few weeks it’s gone to Jamaica, Miami, Palm Springs, and St. Louis (yesterday). 

So Vacation, interviewed for Miami job, cali to meet harrell and st louis to recruit. Got it.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
1 minute ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

social media pundits are saying that most established coaches aren’t going to risk their reputations coming to a “dumpster fire” with a “lame duck” coach… so that means we’re gonna have to get a young guy or a guy at a smaller school who’s looking for a big pay increase, or a guy on the tail end of his career looking for a handsome final payday. We’re not gonna get anyone who’s still a hot name that other schools might be interested in. 

Well I saw this on some other sites, but Willy Korn is now following Sean Beckton on twitter.  This could make sense given Joseph was identified as passing game coordinator and Korn could be the running game coordinator.  Of course this would also suggest Frost keeps play calling duties.

7 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I’ve been following the flight tracker of a private plane that Frost has used in the past. Over the past few weeks it’s gone to Jamaica, Miami, Palm Springs, and St. Louis (yesterday). Maybe there’s a Rastafarian OC I’m unaware of? 

Frost is scouting Tiki bars, looking for good waitress talent....then BBQ ribs for the hangover

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Well I saw this on some other sites, but Willy Korn is now following Sean Beckton on twitter.  This could make sense given Joseph was identified as passing game coordinator and Korn could be the running game coordinator.  Of course this would also suggest Frost keeps play calling duties.

And if it is Korn, what is preventing the announcement?    I figured we'd have an announcement after this weekend if not on Sunday.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

And if it is Korn, what is preventing the announcement?    I figured we'd have an announcement after this weekend if not on Sunday.

Well if Sipple is stating they want the full staff to be announced Friday, maybe they are trying to fill the OL and ST coach first before announcing Korn?  I am thinking Joseph's early announcement was partially because of his ties to Nebraska and to help with recruiting right away.  

• Plus1 1
Just now, HuskerNation1 said:

Well if Sipple is stating they want the full staff to be announced Friday, maybe they are trying to fill the OL and ST coach first before announcing Korn?  I am thinking Joseph's early announcement was partially because of his ties to Nebraska and to help with recruiting right away.  

Well  I do hope you are right.  Maybe Frost surprises us with other quality guys like Joseph.   We got OL, ST and RB coaches to announce.  Maybe Synder is in play for ST??

2 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Well  I do hope you are right.  Maybe Frost surprises us with other quality guys like Joseph.   We got OL, ST and RB coaches to announce.  Maybe Synder is in play for ST??

In a shocking move. Urban Meyer retires from the NFL. Decides he doesn't want the pressure of a head coaching job and decides he will be the OC for Frost.

• Oh Yeah! 1