New Offensive Coordinator options?

57 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

You all know I love looking at Flight Tracker.  I see a new flight is arriving from a small airport near Fayetteville, Arkansas.  Perhaps we can get Kendal Briles?  There are reports that Venables is looking to take Lebby from Ole Miss and Briles may be looked at to replace Lebby at Ole Miss.  If he is wiling to move, why not come to Nebraska over Ole Miss!

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airports/lnk

https://www.arkansasrazorbackfootballcamps.com/coaching-staff.cfm

So it looks like the flight going to the Fayetteville area left early this morning from Lincoln and is about to land back in Lincoln soon.  If not Briles, the ST coordinator for Arkansas (Scott Fountain) has had success at various SEC schools. 

I’m thinking much of the delay might be attributable to policies not allowing coaches to be interviewed or not being granted permission to do so prior a specified time. Their season concluding or particular legal outlines within agreements and other specific rules.

In the case of Willy Korn, he was granted permission and permitted to interview following their season in the event that he has.  As would be the case similarly with other candidates. Courtesies, etc. 

In addition, representatives are involved on a wide range of issues representing their clients, the coaches, and exchanges with the universities.

Things can develop quickly once the process of interviews and negotiations are underway.  But discussions have limitations prior. 

Interviews that can have been done, others are occurring and others could yet remain. Then once that all wraps up candidates are eventually offered  next phases then initiated.  ?

• Plus1 1

19 minutes ago, M.A. said:

I’m thinking much of the delay might be attributable to policies not allowing coaches to be interviewed or not being granted permission to do so prior a specified time. Their season concluding or particular legal outlines within agreements and other specific rules.

In the case of Willy Korn, he was granted permission and permitted to interview following their season in the event that he has.  As would be the case similarly with other candidates. Courtesies, etc. 

In addition, representatives are involved on a wide range of issues representing their clients, the coaches, and exchanges with the universities.

Things can develop quickly once the process of interviews and negotiations are underway.  But discussions have limitations prior. 

Interviews that can have been done, others are occurring and others could yet remain. Then once that all wraps up candidates are eventually offered  next phases then initiated.  ?

Sounds like a bunch of BS to me. The obvious reason is because none of Frost's targets were interested. Now he's hoping that when all the dust settles someone will be leftover looking for a job that he can snatch up.

2 minutes ago, theknife said:

I disagree with S&C being an issue. Look at all the jumps the defensive line has made. Daniels could barely play more than 2 snaps early in his career. Robinson, Stille, Thomas, etc. 

I honestly think Duval has done a decent job when I look with how much more competitive our guys look now compared to a few years ago.  I really think play calling, turnovers, lack of OL development and special teams are what doomed this season. In 2018 Michigan just overpowered us and this year it was a struggle for them to come away with a win. 

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1

4 minutes ago, lo country said:

Graham Harrell enters the chat.

Comparing Nebraska’s 2021 offense to Graham Harrell’s Air Raid offense in 2021:

Nebraska: 447.6 yards per game (3rd in B1G)

27.9 points per game (4th in B1G)

Graham Harrell’s Air Raid: 443.9 yards per game (1st in PAC-12)

28.7 points per game (6th in PAC-12)

16 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I honestly think Duval has done a decent job when I look with how much more competitive our guys look now compared to a few years ago.  I really think play calling, turnovers, lack of OL development and special teams are what doomed this season. In 2018 Michigan just overpowered us and this year it was a struggle for them to come away with a win. 

Fix special teams and all of a sudden we win more games and people stop complaining about things like S&C. 

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1
23 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Comparing Nebraska’s 2021 offense to Graham Harrell’s Air Raid offense in 2021:

Nebraska: 447.6 yards per game (3rd in B1G)

27.9 points per game (4th in B1G)

Graham Harrell’s Air Raid: 443.9 yards per game (1st in PAC-12)

28.7 points per game (6th in PAC-12)

How does the D in the Pac12 compare to the B1G?  A quick look there are 7 B1G in the top 50, Pac 12 has 2.  Of the 7 in the top 50, we played 6 of them.  The B1G would eat Harrell alive.

Might have missed a team from the Pac, as I do not know all the teams off of the top of my head.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1